Home Open Account Help 214 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Trainorders LA Times Story - now available

Date: 10/08/04 15:07
Trainorders LA Times Story - now available
Author: webmaster

Well, our long awaited Los Angeles Times story will appear this Sunday in the Los Angeles Times Magazine. Before you guys jump on some of the issues in it realize that she condensed who two day adventure into one. It is really a funny story of railfans as viewed by non-fans. Although she doesn't mention all the names, you can tell who she is talking about if you have hung around Trainorders a while and saw who was on the last trip.

http://www.latimes.com/features/printedition/magazine/la-tm-foamer41oct10,1,1474352.story?coll=la-headlines-magazine

Todd Clark
Trainorders.com

Date: 10/08/04 15:11
Re: Trainorders LA Times Story - now available
Author: AC4400CWGEVO

The LA times is asking for registration can any one get in and
copy and past it here for the rest of us?

Thanks...
Ac4400cwgevo
http://www.trainsondvd.biz

Date: 10/08/04 15:56
Author: Sal

Date: 10/08/04 16:28
Author: potb101

Great coverage, Todd. I certainly hope that helps motivate people and sell some tickets. You've been very fortunate to receive that level of coverage.

Jody

Date: 10/08/04 16:37
Author: SP_8299

...."a hip, young Berkeley grad who took a job he didn't like when he discovered that his place of work was only 50 feet from the Southern Pacific Railroad track (he watches trains all day)"

Gee, I wonder who they're referring to here...and he's considered hip??? ;-)

PE

Date: 10/08/04 21:08
Author: stuart

great story, hope it brings more interest to your site and to the hobby.

I have moved to new places just to be closer to the tracks......even it is Conrail locomotives that go past now , any non CN train is better then no trains
stuart now in michigan

Date: 10/09/04 01:27
Author: karldotcom

Chasing baretables across CA is all the rage these days...

>
> Gee, I wonder who they're referring to here...and
> he's considered hip??? ;-)

Date: 10/10/04 07:06
Author: espeeboy

hell yeah man, I am one hip cat!Chasing baretables through the desert is so jive man. LOL, must come off as hip as in not the stereotypical foamer within the railfan crowd. Lauren did pick my brain for 30 or so minutes and this article picks up on exactly the type of observer and romantic railroad passenger she is. Good story but perhaps some of you guys had to be there to really appreciate it. Most of us up front in the Pony did figure out that air hose problem before the Am-conductors did!

And for the record, I worked a mere 15 feet form the tracks (a little more impressive) and I do enjoy my line of work and employer (seeing I am still with them today 2 years after we moved away from the tracks there at CP Maggie).

karldotcom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chasing baretables across CA is all the rage these
> days...
>
> >
> > Gee, I wonder who they're referring to
> here...and
> > he's considered hip??? ;-)

Date: 10/11/04 00:15
Author: casco17

Great story. Motivated me to sign up for this board.

For anyone who bought the paper/magazine...the lead photo...is that in the San Fernando Valley?

MP

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0504 seconds