Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Modod Academy Campus

Date: 09/08/01 06:52
Modod Academy Campus
Author: chrisb

I guess I ran into Modoc Railroad School "campus" while backtracking for the WP equipment move. At the Sankey crossing in North Sac was an industrial switcher hooked up to a passenger car, a 44 (?) tonner with Modoc logo and several rag-tag looking cars. On the way back from the Feather River Canyon the "students" had arrived and were all over the campus. They greeted the WP move with a toot of the horn.

Date: 09/08/01 07:51
RE: Modod Academy Campus
Author: scott

They've been there for almost a year. I first saw the green engine there and no one around, then when I saw someone I asked. The other one just showed up recently.

The Modoc RR training academy trucked these engines and cars in and put them on the rails. Since that siding is abandoned and no longer hooks into the main, it must have been a task.

It's actually Pleasant Grove, not North Sac, and it's in Sutter County, not Sacramento. But no one knows where Pleasant Grove is.

Here's a picture of the Plymouth engine.

Date: 09/08/01 07:52
Author: scott

Dang! What blew up THAT picture? It isn't supposed to be that big!

Sorry.

Date: 09/08/01 17:57
Author: ToP_bUlLfrOg

What's the address of the academy? I thought it was on folsom blvd. I'd like to just go and watch them practice manuvers. Also, where do they practice?

Date: 09/08/01 22:16
RE: Modoc Academy Campus
Author: chrisb

Gee, they're on rails that don't go any where (now that's a thought). Thanks Scott for correcting me on the right location.

Date: 09/09/01 19:50
Switcher Pic
Author: LocoBil

Criminy! That wasn't a pic, it was a freaking mural! ;-)

Loco Bil

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds