Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Fog At the Tehachapi Loop

Date: 11/29/04 20:17
Fog At the Tehachapi Loop
Author: HDHewson

BNSF 4082 South Grinds up grade at Walong This past Saturday, with temps in the low 40's

Date: 11/29/04 20:22
Re: Fog At the Tehachapi Loop

A meet at woodford with a Northbound BNSF Q train And A Southbound UP

Date: 11/29/04 20:25
tunnel 5

UP Southbound at tunnel 5

Date: 11/29/04 20:27
Author: espeeboy

hey Holland, sent you an email with my cell number last week so we could go foamin' around. Was down railfanning the L.A. Basin this weekend. Was gonna go up to Cajon Sunday morning and even woke up early to nice (windy) clear weather but unfortunately the somewhat warmer rain storm did not bring snow this time. Ws so clear that I didn't even need the weather report to see how high the snow level was in the mountains (Baldy and beyond visible from West L.A.). For the SoCal'ers - when was the last time you could see something clear and sharp as ever 100 miles away from you in Los Angeles?

Drove up the coastline instead yesterday to pretty much railfan all the way back home via 101 north. Was just as clear out over the Pacific and I could see all of the Channel Islands and numerous boats in complete non-hazed detail! Will be back between Xmas and New Years so I'll email again. Send me your contact number...

Date: 11/29/04 20:27
Re: tunnel 5

DPU'S on a southbound BNSF manifest between Cliff and Rowen

Date: 11/29/04 20:31
Author: Grande-Fan

Great shots!
Looks like you had fun.
Thanks for posting
Nathan Z.

Date: 11/29/04 21:18
Author: 90mac

DANG!!! What camera are you using??? Its just like being there.
Tom

Date: 11/29/04 22:44
Author: CimaScrambler

espeeboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> For the
> SoCal'ers - when was the last time you could see
> something clear and sharp as ever 100 miles away
> from you in Los Angeles?
>

Hey Ryan -

More often than you might think. For the past several years, I have been able to see Mount San Jacinto from my house in south west Torrance on a clear winter morning, and sometimes even in the late afternoon! LA's famous smog is nowhere near as bad today as it was during the mid-to-late 1970s, before much of the soot-causing industries either cleaned up or closed (including cars too).

- Kit

Date: 11/29/04 23:03

well for starters it a Sony DSC-F707. Ryan I wanted to hang BAD but I got gought up in some stuff. So im going to make it up to you.....Im going to be in the bay area next month. I want to hook up. I lived in Moutain View for a while right outa school so i kinda know whats up in the bay area. I have some pics from sunday at Cajon im going to post tonight. Ryan I will call you or E-Mail you this week.

Later, Holland

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds