Home Open Account Help 209 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP special sneaks through Dunsmuir

Date: 09/27/01 20:26
UP special sneaks through Dunsmuir
Author: photobob

Late this afternoon the UP ran their low senority directors special train trough Dunsmuir. I chased it up to Mott this afternoon. There was one guy in a suit riding the gondola. The train needed a little paint but aside from that it looked good.

Date: 09/27/01 20:30
RE: UP special sneaks through Dunsmuir
Author: FoxPub

DJ Russell would have been impressed with this special, except he would have expected his low seniority officers to push the train instead of wasting two good locomotives and having to pay a crew to pull it.

Date: 09/27/01 20:40
Author: dmaffei

Bob,
The gondola was full of ice and beer for the "Road Trip".
Nothing like a Ice cold beer in an open car...

Date: 09/27/01 20:43
Author: sigerson

A guy in a suit in a gondola? Now there's something you don't see every day. Did he seem pleased to be there, or you suppose that could be UP's equivalent of the doghouse?

Very nice work, Photobob.

--
Steve Holmes

Date: 09/27/01 21:15
Author: samreeves

Very sly, PhotoBob

Date: 09/28/01 08:00
Author: stivmac

I wonder if the guy exhiled to the gon was up844 on his way to oblivion? More likely, some junior exec fresh from MBA school, being told he has to understand the role of the hobo ion the RR world. The RR exec version of a snipe hunt?

Date: 09/28/01 20:40
The Real Slim Shady
Author: JDLX

...well used passenger cars on their way to the McCloud Railway at Mt. Shasta City for possible use in the Shasta Sunset dinner train. Last I saw they were still in McCloud in this condition. Any new news photobob?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds