Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SacBee article on Roseville and Air Pollution

Date: 04/10/05 11:15
SacBee article on Roseville and Air Pollution
Author: odub

Interesting article in the Sac Bee this AM on Roseville Yard and air pollution. You'll have to register at the site to get in.

An idling threat
Roseville railyard raises pollution risk

Published Sunday, April 10, 2005

http://www.sacbee.com/

Date: 04/11/05 07:43
Re: SacBee article on Roseville and Air Pollution
Author: rosevillebill

Hello

I read that article with great interest, and here are a few of my gripes about the Bee.

1.)I believe that it is possibe to have an increased of risk cancer due to diesel pollution I won't dispute the article's claim, however, what about other risks that cause cancer? It seems like anything these days causes cancer.
2.)I am really suprised the Bee didn't also report on the cancer effects of cresote in railroad tie's. Oops what am I thinking, that's probably what will be in next week's Sunday Bee.
3.)I found the man on the front page photo to be kind of funny, if he dislikes trains so much WHY has he lived there so long. Why didn't he just move away.
4.)I also found it interesting that the Bee failed to mention that Union Pacific has been working to reduce emissions by testing cleaner buring switchers such as the Green Goat in Roseville and LNG switchers in Los Angeles. I guess by leaving out those facts gives the article more drama. Big evil corporations vs general public. Public be damned. Perhaps this is another attempt to trump up a story for another Pulitzer.
6.)I began to loose credibility in the article when they could not even identify a locomotive correctly. I believe the GP3-X locomotive was supposed to be a GP38-2.....

And I thought so highly of the Bee several months ago when they reported on the Tagger the UP police busted.

That's my two cents worth.

RosevilleBill

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds