Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Portola Railroad Museum Railfan Photographer

Date: 05/09/05 12:13
Portola Railroad Museum Railfan Photographer
Author: zephyrus

SP Rotary Snowplow to be operating and open for tours!

Vic Neves to teach nigh photo class and lead photo session!

BBQ lunch and dinner!

Come join us on Saturday, May 21, 2005 for this special day devoted to recreating period railroading from the 1950’s and 60’s. Railfan Day opens at 10:00 AM and runs until 10:00 PM or when the final photo session ends.

The PRM will be operating vintage trains of authentic equipment for viewing and photography. There will also be static displays, railroadiana vendors, slide shows and a special night photo shoot hosted by Winterail’s Vic Neves.

Vic Neves will also be offering a class in NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY before the photo shoot. Come learn from one of the best known railroad night photographers working today.

As a special part of this event, the museum is pleased to announce that we will be offering tours of our OPERATING Southern Pacific Rotary Snowplow. Also, at various times during the day, the plow blade will be spun up for photo opportunities. Don’t miss this unique chance to get inside an operational rotary snowplow.

Tickets are $20 per person for all day admission. Our $30 combo ticket includes BBQ lunch and dinner at the museum. Meals will also be available separately: $5 lunch and $8 for dinner.

Tickets are available at the gate, in our Gift Shop, by phone at 530.832.4131 or on-line at www.WPLives.org. Just click on the RAILFAN DAY news item to reach our secure, on-line ordering.

Mark your calendar and plan on attending this unique event!

WP Lives in Portola, CA!

Feather River Rail Society – Portola Railroad Museum
700 Western Pacific Way, Portola, California 96122
ph: 530.832.4131 – web: www.WPLives.org
Scheduled events and displays are subject to change

Date: 05/09/05 12:26
Re: Portola Railroad Museum Railfan Photographer
Author: Nova55

i so wish i could be here. . to bad 208 was converted to deisel in 68' . woulda been cool to see her run under steam today

Date: 05/09/05 12:35
Re: Portola Railroad Museum Railfan Photographer
Author: mococomike

Is there a discount price for kids?

Date: 05/09/05 13:08
Kids discounts
Author: zephyrus

I'll check and post the info.

Date: 05/10/05 19:06
Re: Kids discounts
Author: stclair49

I am planning to visit Portola on June 17th. How much time would you say i'd need to plan on to see the museum and shoot pictures of the equipment?

Date: 05/10/05 19:27
Author: tracktime

Portola folks,

Is the 2873 going back to Portola, or is it being traded?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 05/10/05 19:41
Author: Nova55

tracktime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Portola folks,
>
> Is the 2873 going back to Portola, or is it being
> traded?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> Harry

i would hope so. . shes the only preserved sp kodachrome. . i think

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0558 seconds