Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More of the FRRS WP Special: In-Service WP Geeps Meet i

Date: 05/13/05 10:52
More of the FRRS WP Special: In-Service WP Geeps Meet i
Author: espeeboy

continued from part 1 of the chase at:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,921757

~~~

Next stop on the chase was up ahead at Richmond just north of Stege. By chance, the Richmond's Pacific's loaner WP Geep was running CabHop back to the home base terminal after a long day's work north on the waterside drill track up by the San Pablo wye. FYI, the WP713 is on loan from the locmotive's owners at the PLA/Niles Canyon Railway.

Date: 05/13/05 10:56
Re: More of the FRRS WP Special: In-Service WP Geeps Me
Author: RedOverYellow2

Portola is going to ROCK ! ! ! I'll be there camping out with the rest. You going to be there Espeeboy ?

=Kev...N-Vegas=

Date: 05/13/05 11:20
Re: More of the FRRS WP Special: In-Service WP Geeps Me

and from the distance here comes our train with the Jolly Rodgers flying away...

Date: 05/13/05 11:32
WP Geeps Meet!!!

who woulda thought in the year 2005, twenty three years after the WP-UP merger that we'd see this nice meet or "pass" of active freight service WP Geeps on mainline rails!

Date: 05/13/05 11:39
Re: WP Geeps Meet!!!

in fact we had three active WP Geeps meeting - all in different paint schemes!

Date: 05/13/05 11:46

as shown, the light would have been super for a real meet looking 120ยบ to our right but oh well. A popular and knowledgable trainorders.com member strikes a pose in the foreground with a few other T.O. member railfans in the grouping in the background.

Date: 05/13/05 11:52

a nice wave is given from one of the hack crewmembers to the raifan foamer party at Stege...

Date: 05/13/05 11:52
Author: zephyrus

Too bad 918 couldn't have been on the OT flyover when this all came through.

Anyone know who to arm-twist at CSRM to get SN 402 and WP 913 spotted next to the main when everything goes through Sacto heading home?

Quite a bit of old WP first generation power got near each other this trip. The train passed within shouting distance of the engines above and we're going to have SN 712 and WP 917-D in train heading back.

Maybe next time we come down, the 921 and 805-A can join in the fun.

Z

Date: 05/13/05 12:11

picking up speed for a somewhat fast run through Albany and Berkeley, the WP707 is passing through the gates of the newer Stege about 5 minutes away from making it to West Oakland.

Date: 05/13/05 12:29
Author: alex14ramos

Cool stuff Ryan! I still can't beleive I missed that shot at Cutting BLVD.!!

Later dude,
Alex Ramos

Date: 05/13/05 12:31
Author: danf

Just bad timing I guess. 918 is about 2 or 3 weeks away from being presentable.

zephyrus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too bad 918 couldn't have been on the OT flyover
> when this all came through.

Date: 05/13/05 12:37

Eugene - yup, I missed the shot the OTR wood trestle by seconds as the train was approaching the Grand Avebue overpass. A dumb truck at a red light on the offramp kept me sitting there for three minutes!!! Would have been a nice shot too even without the WP918 up top.

Heh heh, we should yell at DanF for not arranging for this photo-op since he was busy highballing the train through Berkeley ( see http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,921318 ).

Back to the chase after missing any chance at a Berkley, Emeryville or 34th Street photo, we catch up to the train slowing down at the big curve at West Oakland. Time to roll 'em over to 58!

Date: 05/13/05 12:45
WP Geeps in Oakland...

I think I remember hearing dynamics whirring by right here. This kinda cracked me up for the two car empty drag plus a hack but those brakeshoes would be in good order for the rest of the trip! Train was stopping for a reason...

Date: 05/13/05 12:52
Re: WP Geeps in Oakland...

Hmmm, who's this bum and whatz he doing? I just missed nabbing a photo of him praying to God Hogg Rod and his WP Geep. I think thatz actually a foamer smile cracking through...

;)

More to come on the next leg south of Oakland in part 3...

Date: 05/13/05 14:55
Author: Yarddogh

Good work Ryan and guys. Super pics !!

Date: 05/14/05 10:55
Author: spdesertdog

How in the world was this put together in the days of paint it all yeller, I would never expect to see anything from the past operate on mainline with so much former heritage. It looked great only wish I was still living up there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0616 seconds