Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Steam & Excursion > A Hint of Fall on the OC (contest)

Date: 10/17/05 11:48
A Hint of Fall on the OC (contest)
Author: engrbob

I took this in the fall of 2004.

Date: 10/17/05 14:38
Re: A Hint of Fall on the OC (contest)
Author: co614

Nice shot Bob. There's some scuttle butt going around that the long lost #33 will be making a debut first move under its own steam later this week. Only a rumor and I haven't been able to confirm yet. Anyone out there have any solid info???

Date: 10/17/05 15:47

Ross, I wouldn't ever hear about the OC running any steam from here in San Diego but it would be so cool to know that some steam was running on the railraod this year. Do you think this guy might know something?
engrbob

Date: 10/17/05 18:05
Author: pennsy3750

Was that the trip that took place on 10/23/04? If so, I was there and I remember the guy in the F350. Kept pacing the loco and hugging the yellow line when I wanted to get around him.

Date: 10/18/05 07:18
Author: co614

The "guy" in the photo is none other than Mr. Jerry Joe Jacobson hisself. I just heard from an excellent source that much progress has been made on the 33 and that all the "hurry-up" mistakes made in '04 in the unrealistic attempt to have her running for Trainfestival2004 have been corrected. The latest is that she'll soon be ready for her first check out runs under her own steam to find the inevitable things that always surface after a complete rebuild, and hopefully she'll be part of next years NRHS goings-on??

Date: 10/19/05 21:19

Pennsy3750, It was a trip put on for the Akron Club by the OCRR in 2004.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds