Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Steam & Excursion > More Contest Entries

Date: 11/18/08 17:37
More Contest Entries
Author: nycman

OK, 3,4, and 5 to get to my quota. Don't even know why I bother with all of the great photos that have been submitted. Since switching to digital, I now realize that the crummy print film I used in the past was just that, crummy. Re-scanned negatives to get these and they are no where near the quality of the digital and slide entries. Oh well, I just like these.

First one is at Grand Canyon in 2002, with the ATSF Grand Canyon depot and El Tovar hotel visible in the background. ATSF did some great things with structures.

Second is at the Brooklyn Roundhouse in Portland, OR in 2002, one of the temples of steam restoration in the USA. I wonder how long it will continue to exist, with the threat of closing it down?

Third is Strasburg 90 and J tower, back in 1995. Poor quality, but I like it.

Date: 11/18/08 17:43
Re: More Contest Entries
Author: 12tonMack

God save the Queen.

God save Brooklyn Roundhouse.

ORHF.org

Date: 11/18/08 21:06
Author: xtra1188w

Don't be too hard on these pictures sir. The content that's shown in them makes up for any minor deficiencies that you might see in them. I really like #3, what with three steam locos in the scene. Since Anschutz is in control of the GCRR now, I reckon that seeing anything this again is pretty remote now. Anschutz is a dipstick, he might be a filthy rich dipstick, but he's still a dip****. I have learned to not say never again though, who might have thought, say in 1975 that you'd see three different steam passenger trains at the Grand Canyon in 2002?

Con

Date: 11/21/08 16:04
Author: Ardenwood

I like these shots, especially the first one. Because I was there too judging
from the angle I was not far away. Congratulations for capturing a great moment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds