Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Steam & Excursion > July 9-12 Steam Excursion Cancelled

Date: 06/08/09 18:54
July 9-12 Steam Excursion Cancelled
Author: psrujak

The Board of Directors of the Mountain State Railroad & Logging Historical Association regrets to announce that the Steam Train to Elkins and Beverly, scheduled for July 9-12, has been cancelled.

With the current uncertain economic situation, our ticket sales were insufficient to the point where it was likely that we and our partnering sponsors would lose a significant amount of money if we ran the trips at this time.

Full refunds will be given to tickets already purchased. To those of you who bought tickets, we thank you for your support.

We hope we will be able to run these trips in the future, perhaps in 2010. If you would like to be placed on our mailing list for future railfan events please send your mailing address to rf@msrlha.org.

Date: 06/09/09 01:21
Re: July 9-12 Steam Excursion Cancelled
Author: JohnMcIvor

Sorry to hear the news. If folks can let me know, I can add their special steam events to my 'Diary' - I didn't know about this trip.
Best wishes, John McIvor - 'Steam Train Diary'
http://www.diary.svsfilm.com

Date: 06/09/09 13:16
Author: esinclair

The economy must be bad if they can't sell a trip like that behind a Western Maryland Shay! A shame.

Date: 06/09/09 15:37
Author: smokebox

Or with it being so close to Trainfest.....

Date: 06/09/09 16:21
Author: mike15224449

Actually due to bridge weights power was changed from the shay to the Heiser #6.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0279 seconds