Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Steam & Excursion > First and last trip with Reed

Date: 08/21/09 04:20
First and last trip with Reed
Author: mopacrr

I first met Reed in 97 on 844 trip from Proviso to Butler Wis. I think it was one of early trips as he still wasn't sure of how deal with rail fans and he was concerned about vestibules being open while moving. I assured him we knew what we were doing and showed him my photo ID and he came back later visited for awhile. He began his career on the UP shortly after I began mine on the Mopac.I would see him on trips over the years and he would always stop and visit. In Febueary of 04 I was conductor on the 3985 trip from Coffeyville to KC. The engineer pilot and myself were taking pictures where the public wasn't supposed to be. Reed came along and asked to stand back, when he recognized me from previous trips. It was a long cold day with lots of slow orders and meets etc.,and we just barely made in under the HOS to KCUS. I Visited with Reed while we were waiting for a ride and he had no idea trip would be this long. We visited for quite awhile and then left,and every time he saw me he couldn't remember my name ,but he remembered the the long trip. I visited with Reed in July on the Yoder Trip and he recognized from the 04 trip I toldhim what a good job he did in getting everybody in line for the photo stops. Wished I could have visited with him more that day,but he had passengers. to look after. I am sure Reed's postion will be filled,but he can never be replaced.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0301 seconds