Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Steam & Excursion > More 50th photos

Date: 11/17/10 21:45
More 50th photos
Author: Bob3985

The day before the 50th trip all of us were gathered to have photos taken. This was when Steve told me of his retirement. The first photo is of the full gang, including old and the new guys. Note that since the minitrain falls under the UP steam budget they were included too. All here were a great bunch of people.
The second photo is one I grabbed of Jim Ehernberger taking photos of the bunch.
Finally, the third I managed to get Jim to take one of Steve and I. We are the last two of the early steam crew surviving. He, Lynn and Mary and I all came off the Rock Island in the 1970's to work for the UP. We ended up becoming deeply involved in the railroads heritage steam operations. I really enjoyed my last years with the crew. I do miss Lynn greatly and plan to stay in touch with Steve and all my friends as often as possible.
Thanks to Steve, the steam gang and all my friends for my time with the heritage fleet.
Bob Krieger
UP/CRIP retired
Cheyenne

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 11/17/10 22:20
Re: More 50th photos
Author: highgreengraphics

Thanks, Bob, for the human side of the Steam Program. With the beauty of the mechanical equipment, it is easy to lose sight of those such as yourself who have dedicated so much of themselves to keep it going, especially at the high level of professionalism and quality that is apparent. As a friend, I hold you in high esteem (steam?); As railfans, we all owe all of you volumes for all the great things you have done for us. A classy group of guys, you all do Cheyenne, UP, railroad traditions and humanity proud! === === = === JLH

Date: 11/18/10 01:19
Author: UPTRAIN

First time I set foot on a steam engine was with you, Steve, and Lynn. You guys were spring chickens back then (circa 1996). It was an experience I will never forget, and one that I'm glad to have repeated many times since, and I appreciate all that you guys do, and I wish Steve a long happy retirement.

Pump

Date: 11/18/10 06:09
Author: cdub

I think you, Steve, Lynn, Reed and others really put a human face to the steam program over the past 30 years. My hats off to you guys.

Date: 11/19/10 08:17
Author: Chooch

What a wonderful tribute to all of us who are passionate about trains and the excellent people who like yourselves make everything right. Happy Holidays to you all and may your retirement be full and rewarding.

Jim
Hatboro, PA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds