Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Steam & Excursion > interesting ad for SP 4449 trips

Date: 05/06/11 10:07
interesting ad for SP 4449 trips
Author: FT

In today's Oregonian is this photo ad for upcoming July trips with the old girl. Only problem is the stack must have been moved
about a third of the way, or there is a bad boiler leak. I know, the public would never notice this, but it just looks so wrong.

I cut off the booking info as I don't know if that would be too much free promotion.

The Black Widow SD behind is the restored LLW 5399.

Keith A

Date: 05/06/11 10:32
Re: interesting ad for SP 4449 trips
Author: LoggerHogger

Actually we were going so fast that day with the Reverend's loco behind we were outrunning our steam exhaust.

Martin

Date: 05/06/11 11:00
Author: UPTRAIN

Her shadow was having trouble keeping up as well, am I right?

Pump

LoggerHogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually we were going so fast that day with the
> Reverend's loco behind we were outrunning our
> steam exhaust.
>
> Martin

Date: 05/06/11 14:31
Author: Frisco1522

I thought it was in the hole and being overtaken by the 844.

Date: 05/06/11 16:52
Author: GCRY_4960

F40PHR231 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like Luke popped the safeties again! ;)
>
>

No surprise their. LOL.

Date: 05/06/11 19:08
Author: gobbl3gook

I'm heard a whistle about 5 mins ago -- 4449 headed over for National Train Day, I assume.

I saw the ad this morning too, best of luck to them, most folks won't notice the photoshopping.

Ted in OR

Date: 05/06/11 19:24
Author: asheldrake

And whats wrong with some advertising for this needy 501(c)3 organization??? The upcoming 15 year will cost
some $$$.........so advertise the trip, this is a fund RAISER!! If you decide to skip the ride and just take
photos, then send the Friends of SP4449 a hundred or two for the photo opportunity.

The Columbia River Gorge is a beautiful run. For the first time get to experience the brand NEW passenger
platform is downtown Wishram then enjoy a barbaque lunch in the locomotive park.

the new passenger platform is scheduled to be finished in mid-June, this was the first week of a six week
construction project.
Arlen

Date: 05/06/11 19:27
Author: asheldrake

And Chris your original photo is absolutely beautiful as is the 2012 Friends of SP4449 calendar. You do some
amazing work and I very much appreciate the opportunity to enjoy it.

These 2012 Friends of SP 4449 calendars first go on sale at Portland Oregon's NTD tomorrow, get yours now!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2553 seconds