Home Open Account Help 217 users online

Steam & Excursion > RJ Corman QJ display?

Date: 06/04/11 08:13
RJ Corman QJ display?
Author: DWBrown

I was at the CRRC meeting Thursday and it was announced that RJ Corman was going to display the QJ under steam in Frankfort, KY. today?

Anyone have any info on this?

Dale Brown

Date: 06/04/11 09:47
Re: RJ Corman QJ display?
Author: Tyler4steam

May have missed it. From another board:

Word is she is running under her own power.

She is supposed to run to Christiansburg to be turned on the wye at around 10PM tonight(Friday). She will stay the night either at Christiansburg or West Frankfort. West Frankfort passing track has been empty most of the week. She will cross the Kentucky River bridge at 9 AM Saturday morning.

She will parked in front of the Frankfort Union Station until 1145 AM. Corman has erected tents by the depot and built stairs for access to the cab.

Some time after 1145 she will return to Lexington.

Date: 06/04/11 16:28
Author: K8DTI

It went across the bridge this morning a lot earlier than 9. It departed Frankfort for Lexington around 12:10pm with 3 gons and RJCC office car #2. It arrived in Lexington at 1:30. I'll post photos when I get home.

Posted from BlackBerry

Date: 06/04/11 21:04
Author: K8DTI

Here are a few photos from today. First we see the train on display at Frankfort, then marching smartly up Jett Hill out of Frankfort, and a smile from Mr. Corman at Lexington after a fun and successful trip. I'll try to post more later.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0438 seconds