Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Steam & Excursion > UP 844 Steam Crew Meet and Greet in Kansas City

Date: 06/04/11 17:52
UP 844 Steam Crew Meet and Greet in Kansas City
Author: Greydog30

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

KANSAS CITY, MO. – The members of Train Town Kansas City are proud to announce the upcoming meet and greet event with the Union Pacific Railroad Steam Team, which will be held inside Ward Parkway Center, 8600 State Line Road, Kansas City, Mo., on Sunday, June 12, 2011, starting at 5:00 p.m.

The Union Pacific Railroad Steam Team, who will have completed the Union Pacific Great Excursion Adventure’s Little Rock Express—which includes the only steam locomotive never retired by a North American Class I railroad, Union Pacific No. 844—will arrive at Kansas City Union Station for an overnight stay. The Team is planned to join us to discuss their operation and how they keep this historical machine operating since 1962, when it was placed in special service.

The event is open to the public, and there is no charge to attend, though any charitable donations would be greatly appreciated. Groups are also welcome, though we ask that you contact us at events@traintown-kc.com, to allow for appropriate accommodations.

Upon arriving at Ward parkway Center, please enter the mall via the entrance on the north side between Target and the AMC Theaters.

For further details on this event and upcoming events at Train Town Kansas City, please visit our website at www.traintown-kc.com/Events.html

Train Town Kansas City is a non-profit organization for the promotion and education about Railroads, Railroad History, and the hobby Model Railroading.
It was founded in 2002 by The Weekend ‘n Gineers, The Southern Kansas City Model Railroad Club, The Kansas City Lionel Club, The Kansas City Modular ‘O’ Club and the Kansas City Garden Railroad Society.
It is currently located in The Ward Parkway Center, 8600 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri. It is open to the public on Saturdays from Noon to 5:00, Sundays from Noon to 5:30 and other times by appointment. If you have any questions for Train Town Kansas City, please visit our website at www.traintown-kc.com

The Weekend ‘N ‘Gineers
The Southern Kansas City Model Railroad Historical Society
The Mid America Society for Railroad Preservation and Education

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/11 21:43 by Greydog30.

Date: 06/05/11 12:23
Re: UP 844 Steam Crew Meet and Greet in Kansas City
Author: VERNON1946

WOW!

I sure hope I can make it!

Are video Cameras Allowed? And Regular Cameras?

Lord Willing, Weather Permitting, I will be there!

Please put me on the list.

Thank You...

VERNON HARRISON
LA TOUR, MISSOURI

P.S. Please write me a private message. I live 45 to 55 miles south of KANSAS CITY, and I need detailed directions, exactly how to arrive there....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds