Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Steam & Excursion > Doubleheader

Date: 03/25/12 18:29
Doubleheader
Author: milfordgap

765 and 1215 doubleheader through Cincinnati in 1991. The sequence starts with the train passing behind Cincinnati Union Terminal on it's way to Kentucky on the C&O.

Date: 03/25/12 18:32
Re: Doubleheader

Correction: Wrong "its" in first posting.

This series continues along the trestles on it's way to the C&O bridge over the Ohio River in CIncinnati.

Date: 03/25/12 18:50
Author: HotWater

milfordgap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
765 and 1215 doubleheader through Cincinnati in

I think you mean PM 1225.

Date: 03/25/12 18:51

You are correct. My apologies.

Date: 03/25/12 18:58
Author: K8DTI

The shot from the steps of MD Cabin were always a nice vantage point. Obviously a lot of other people thought so too. I shot this train across at OB Cabin at the end of the bridge on the Kentucky side.

Date: 03/25/12 19:08
Author: typebangin

That last shot heading into the bridge is really powerful and evocative. It looks straight out of the steam era, even with all the modern elements.

-James
http://www.steamtrainvideos.com

Date: 03/25/12 21:41
Author: Bath_wildcat

I saw that train leave lima, Ohio back in 1991. Ironically it was my next door neighboors that sid there was a steamer at Lima Yard. Sure enough, 765. I was a wee lad, but the 765 sat all day waiting on 1225 because 1225 didnt have a speedo. That was the very frist time I saw 765, the again 20 years later in New Haven, IN, and full up steam in 2009.

Oh the memories of seeing 2 live steamers depart my hometown with my grandfather right there beside me watching them go.

Date: 03/26/12 01:05
Author: jerryheng

Imagine what your grandfather's thoughts must have been... - Jerry

Bath_wildcat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh the memories of seeing 2 live steamers depart
> my hometown with my grandfather right there beside
> me watching them go.

Date: 03/26/12 06:18
Author: YG

Great set of images of an historic event! Thanks for posting.

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 03/26/12 10:37
Author: NKP779

Yep, that last one was the best - entering the big bridges across the Ohio River.

Date: 03/26/12 16:26
Author: train671

Back in 2009 Lerro Productions set up a double-header photo charter with these "two beauties." The event was sold out prior to
the steam celebration held at Owosso, MI with these two engines plus the 4449 and several smaller steam engines. Unfortunately
the day before the steam celebration was to begin the 1225 had a mechanical malfunction that took her out of action for the
event so the 765 pulled her public trip plus the one originally slated for the 1225. Those of us who had hoped to come back
for the double-header were disappointed but still planned to come back for the 765. The great mechanics there at Owosso put
a temporary patch on the 1225 so that when we arrived we actually had the benefit of a "Berkshire Steam Magic" event. Besides running these two beauties as a double-header, one day both engines were brought back into town and slowly run side by side along a piece of track so we could see then do their magic together for several different angles. They sure looked great. After this event
the 1225 was returned to it's roundhouse for it's overhaul. Was just reviewing the video I shot and those engines sure looked
great together. Amazing that so many engines around the country have survived and are still running from time to time because
of great volunteers and organizations that keep the "magic of steam engines" alive. Thanks to you all.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds