Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Steam & Excursion > Black River & Western #60 trip from Saturday

Date: 11/14/12 18:08
Black River & Western #60 trip from Saturday
Author: OCtrainguy

I rode the morning trip and then photographed the afternoon run on Saturday. It was good seeing the large crowds on the trains. As already mentioned, the weather wasn’t the best with the cloud cover, but Saturday was the day I could go (my son had soccer on Sunday) and I am glad I took the ride. I’ve finally downloaded my photos, as my son’s been busy with school homework and projects since Sunday. Anyway, onto the photos from Saturday.

1. At Ringoes, with some blue skies, as the train prepares to head to Flemington
2. By the time the train got to Flemington, the clouds have taken over
3. The train has arrived in Flemington

More to come..

Date: 11/14/12 18:11
Re: Black River & Western #60 trip from Saturday

Continuing the photos:

4. In Ringoes, as the train heads into the yard so the engine can run around the coaches
5. Back in Flemington, the crew takes care of the steam engine
6. The afternoon departure leaves Flemington in push mode as freight cars on both tracks in Three Bridges would make a runaround move difficult

A few more left..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/12 18:14 by OCtrainguy.

Date: 11/14/12 18:13

The last three:

7. Crossing the Raritan River. I always wanted this photo, but I will get a bit greedy and ask for some sunlight next time. But I am happy with the black and white result with the reflection in the river.
8. Heading to Ringoes at Everitts Road
9. The clouds lightened up a bit by the time the train got into Ringoes for its return back to Flemington. Here, the engine lets off some steam as it pulls away from the station.

Hope you enjoy. I look forward to seeing and riding the engine again.

Date: 11/15/12 06:05
Author: m1bprr

It was a great time, good meeting you OCtrain guy
Ed K.

Date: 11/15/12 06:20
Author: YG

Love the bridge shot!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds