Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Steam & Excursion > John Bush (Roaring Camp & Big Trees) hired for C&TSRR

Date: 12/13/12 15:09
John Bush (Roaring Camp & Big Trees) hired for C&TSRR
Author: Cumbresfan

Not yet up on their website, but Cumbres & Toltec Operating LLC, has announced the hiring of John Bush as President of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad (C&TSRR). Cumbres & Toltec Operating LLC, is an entity created by the C&TS Railroad Commission to operate the railroad. John's most recent position was Manager of Railroads, Roaring Camp & Big Trees a tourist, narrow gauge, steam powered railroad and Santa Cruz, Big Trees & Pacific a standard gauge, diesel powered, tourist railroad. Previously John worked at C&TSRR in 1989 as Assistant General Manager/Chief Mechanical Officer. He was responsible for daily operational decisions and long range planning for all aspects of the railroad.

Below is a link to a copy of the announcement:
http://www.goatbbs.com/cgi-bin/bbs50/webbbs_configb.cgi/read/87253#87253

Also Ed Beaudette has confirmed he is the new interim Executive Director for the commission (replacing retiring Leo Schmitz). More on the new appointments and the Commission agenda for next Thursday's meeting can be found here:
http://www.goatbbs.com/cgi-bin/bbs50/webbbs_configb.cgi/read/87237#87237

Both are excellent hires and should lead the RR into a successful 2013 season.

http://www.cumbrestoltec.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/12 15:10 by Cumbresfan.

Date: 12/13/12 15:42
Re: John Bush (Roaring Camp & Big Trees) hired for C&TS
Author: LarryDoyle

Good News!

:-)
-LD

Date: 12/13/12 16:03
Author: iliketrains

It seems to me that a shorter, one to two hour ride, could be an easier sell to the "regular" (ie - not railfans) public. A family travelling thru or near the area could take a shorter ride and not have to invest a full day from their vacation.

I also believe that they whole reason for the railroad is to encourage an overnight stay or two.

Date: 12/13/12 16:13
Author: LarryDoyle

iliketrains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems to me that a shorter, one to two hour
> ride, could be an easier sell to the "regular" (ie
> - not railfans) public. A family travelling thru
> or near the area could take a shorter ride and not
> have to invest a full day from their vacation.
>
> I also believe that they whole reason for the
> railroad is to encourage an overnight stay or two.

That's a tough question. After all, Chama is 2 hours from nowhere else on the planet. It IS a destination.

Antonito, OTOH, may offer possibilites for that - except all the scenery begins an hour out of Antonito.

-LD

Date: 12/13/12 16:41

iliketrains Wrote:
> It seems to me that a shorter, one to two hour
> ride, could be an easier sell to the "regular" (ie
> - not railfans) public. A family travelling thru
> or near the area could take a shorter ride and not
> have to invest a full day from their vacation.
>
> I also believe that they whole reason for the
> railroad is to encourage an overnight stay or two.

The Friends camera page shows shorter Cumbres Turn trains on Sundays leaving at 10:30 a.m. and returning at 3:00 p.m. I imagine the schedule (if not the fares) will be further adjusted if need be.

http://www.coloradonewmexicosteamtrain.org/yard-cams-01.htm

Date: 12/13/12 17:02
Author: RJRimmasch

President John Bush is a great pick. May I take a moment to share a few positives about Mr. Bush;

His title of President, President Bush that is, comes from his great work at TRAIN Inc. a number of years ago. Though I do not recall how long, he served very well and very successfully for some of what have been TRAIN Inc's best years. I have always admired him and he has always been very kind to me and everybody he is around. Also, as I recall, he was at C&TS during some of the best years they ever had as well? President Bush is a true professional, very capable of the job and I must say, one of the best things I think the Commission has done in some time. Bravo to the Commission and congratulations to John Bush.

Maybe we should all spend more time being more kind to each other. There, that was my best and most honest attempt!

Kindly yours,

John E. Rimmasch
Wasatch Railroad Contractors

Date: 12/13/12 17:03
Author: kennbritt

John and Veronica are great folks. Trips to Chama after they left just weren't the same for me. I wish them the best and hope to see them again this season.

Ken Britton
Bedford, TX

Date: 12/13/12 21:30
Author: 4-12-2

I think this is great! I believe this is really positive for C&TS, and for John his wife and Chama as well. I, too, hope I can get out there this coming summer.

John Bush
Omaha

Date: 12/14/12 10:16
Author: switchlock

If you guys are gonna be there at the same time, watch out for the worm hole to the parallel universe that will now doubt open up.

And don't cross the streams!

Date: 12/14/12 14:13

switchlock Wrote:
> If you guys are gonna be there at the same time,
> watch out for the worm hole to the parallel
> universe that will now doubt open up.
>
> And don't cross the streams!

That's why I titled the thread as I did as the other John Bush (from Omaha) posts here as he did up-thread.

Date: 12/17/12 16:59
Author: 4-12-2

John's the REAL John E. Bush, I'm just sorta taggin along.

John Bush
Omaha

Date: 12/18/12 18:04
Author: upkpfan

Well, this explains it. I was wondering if this was 4-12-2 that I know. I see it isn't. upkpfan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds