Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Steam & Excursion > 700 in Vancouver WA Photos ???

Date: 12/16/12 18:00
700 in Vancouver WA Photos ???
Author: asheldrake

Wondering where the December 15, 2012 photos of the SP&S 700 visiting Vancouver are? Surely
some TO member(s) recorded the BNSF Holiday Event. Arlen

Date: 12/16/12 18:02
Re: 700 in Vancouver WA Photos ???
Author: wcamp1472

What year???

Overfire Jets....

Date: 12/17/12 08:09
Author: 494

nothing from vancouver arlen, but here is one from the trip home into the opr/orhf yard...the camera is resting on the stack of ties south of clay street as the main line switch is lined behind. decent weather saturday night & hearing the 4449's whistle behind me under the ross island bridge, followed by 700's headlight through east portland was an overwhelming reminder of how lucky the area is to be home to these locomotives and the heritage foundation.

Date: 12/17/12 10:50
Author: Sedaker

Arlen,

Although I spent most of the time working the train while in Vancouver, I did have a chance to grab a couple of shots of the 700 leaving Vancouver, since I didn't ride back with her. I thought the shot of the P&W 663 with the 700 waiting to enter the main to Portland was interesting.

1) Backing out of the display track
2) Crossing the main, to await clearance on to the main
3) P&W 663 heading across the diamonds while the 700 waits awhile for traffic to clear

It was very cold and very rainy, but we ran a successful trip. The BNSF empolyees had a great time, as well as the public who also came in for a look at both Santa and our engine. We thank the BNSF for giving us the opportunity to participate in this wonderful event!

The Columbian newspaper also gave the event great coverage both early in the week, before the event, and in yesterday's Sunday edition!

Steve

Date: 12/17/12 14:50
Author: Hillcrest

That's very cool. I'm glad she's had the opportunity to get out a little bit.

Merry Christmas SP&S 700 and Crew!

Date: 12/17/12 19:26
Author: asheldrake

Excellent Steve, thanks for the pictures!!!! Congratulations to you and the PRPA crew for a successful trip. Invitations from Class 1 railroads are absolutely golden. Arlen

Date: 12/17/12 20:09
Author: Jim700

494 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...the camera is resting on the stack of ties south
> of clay street as the main line switch is lined behind.

494, how thoughtful of you! Thanks for using a long exposure which fogged the details of my broad beam as I bent over to insert the switch lock in the electric lock on the switch after lining behind. Amtkrd4man ran both directions on the Vancouver trip. Greg and I aren't gettin' any younger and we're real pleased to have George come on board the crew to learn running a steamer.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds