Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Steam & Excursion > Leviathan comes to the Adirondack's

Date: 04/02/13 21:24
Leviathan comes to the Adirondack's
Author: SNCSteve

The Leviathan, No. 63 will operate on the Saratoga & North Creek Railway for just four days. Sept 7,8,14,15
Corinth, NY to North Creek, NY and return. 82 miles round trip. Departs 9:00am, arrive North Creek 12 noon, depart NCK at 2:00pm, arrive Corinth 5:00pm. Multiple meets with regular S&NC passenger trains, photo runby's. Included in fare, snacks/bev on train, bar-b-q lunch in North Creek, admission to 1871 North Creek Depot and D&H Railroad Fair. No.63 will be turned on the NCK turntable. Train is No.63 and one 1928 CN, open window day coach, which will be painted and lettered in 1870s Adirondack Railway livery.
For fare and website address to book passage, please visit the Trainorders Classified section, or visit the Saratoga & North Creek Railway website.

This will be a rare opportunity to take a lengthy ride behind this magnificient locomotive....special photo stop on the famous Sacandaga bridge in Hadley, NY. Water stops along the way and multiple runby's.

Limited seating for this truly amazing opportunity.

Date: 04/03/13 06:15
Re: Leviathan comes to the Adirondack's
Author: YG

Good to see the Leviathan will be getting around this year.

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 04/03/13 13:59
Author: nycman

Darn, one of the few times I will miss living back there. Would love to ride behind the Leviathan, and re-visit the Sacandaga Reservoir where some of my misspent youth was misspent.

Date: 04/04/13 12:07
Author: Labby

The Leviathan is pictured in Owosso, MI for Train Festival 2009. It was a Big Hit! Their crew bought every bottle of Brasso in town! My first impression was how big and advanced steam locomotive design was for that time. This is a must see.

Date: 04/04/13 20:14
Author: Dodgem33

How is she transported?

Date: 04/04/13 22:34
Author: sd24b

By truck,

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0281 seconds