Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Steam & Excursion > Fund raising in the snow behind steam

Date: 12/15/15 14:04
Fund raising in the snow behind steam
Author: jbwest

The C&TS winter train from Antonito on March 12-13 is a definite go, but it would be nice if it sells out since all the incremental revenue from the six or seven tickets left goes to help the Friends of the C&TS and their great preservation work.  Only 40 people can ride the trip so that everyone gets some good photo and sightseeing ops, something like 33 or 34 tickets have been sold. Riding and photographing a train through the remote most likely snow covered wilderness west of Antonito is a great experience.  You are really out in the middle of nowhere.  And watching the steam powered train plow snow is a unique experience.  It is not a cheap outing, but it is less expensive than similar recent charters and the money goes to a good cause.  Tickets and more information are available here: Tickets and info.  My pictures from the 2014 version of this trip can be found here: Pictures from 2014 charter.

JBWX

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/15 17:01 by jbwest.

Date: 12/15/15 15:22
Re: Fund raising in the snow
Author: andersonb109

Would love to. But I'm already booked on a weeks charter in Saxony. Both previous flanger charters also overlapped with previously scheduled events. It's too bad there isn't some sort of master list of steam charters so overlaps could be avoided.  But since many are run by private individuals and not made public (so as to keep away the freeloaders) I guess that isn't a practical idea.

Date: 12/15/15 19:16
Author: Auburn_Ed

Yea, ya sure don't want any of those freeloaders.

Ed

Date: 12/16/15 10:28
Author: P

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yea, ya sure don't want any of those freeloaders.
>
> Ed

No, you can't have those darned freeloaders watching these trains.

Date: 12/16/15 15:50
Author: Harlock

I would be there but I'm double booked that weekend (non train event.)

I'll wait for a trip with the Rotary.

-M

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 12/19/15 19:44
Three tickets to go
Author: jbwest

Looks like this will be a sell out, which is is good because it means it will be a meaningful fund raiser for the Friends and their preservation work, not to mention a lot of fun for the folks on board.

JBWX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds