Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Steam & Excursion > Durango & Silverton 2017 Photo Special

Date: 01/04/17 18:25
Durango & Silverton 2017 Photo Special
Author: burlingtonjohn

Received the below quoted email last night regarding the Durango & Silver 2017 Photo Train. I’ve attended the last two and I have never had anything but absolute fun. I’ve already called and made my reservations for the weekend; hope to see you all there!  And no, I am not employed by or otherwise affiliated with the D&S (although I would not turn them down should an offer be made to this old broken down sailor).
We are excited to announce that our 2017 Winter Photo Train is now available for purchase!  The Photo Train will be departing Durango at 8AM on Sunday, February 19th for Cascade Canyon with Coach seating as well as 4 seats on Caboose 0540 which will run on the train that day.  In addition we will have our Night Photo Shoots in the Durango yard on both Friday and Saturday evenings from 6PM to 8PM.  Space is limited for these events due to space at our photo run-bys and in the yard, so make sure to reserve your space for one or all events!

In addition to our Winter Photo Train, that weekend we are proud to announce the running of Galloping Goose # 5 which will be coming over from Dolores, Colorado.  The Snow Goose will run on Saturday departing at 8AM featuring additional unique photo opportunities as well as a tour of the Tacoma Power Plant.  The Goose will also be running in conjunction with our Photo Train and will feature some unique run-bys not featured on our regular Photo Train or the Saturday excursion.  This is a rare opportunity to ride a Goose in the beautiful white of winter time we are excited to offer for 2017!

For additional details or to book your space, please call our reservations line at 888-872-4607 or locally at 247-2733 during our office hours of 8AM-4:30PM Monday-Saturday.  We look forward to seeing you for our Winter Photo Train and special Snow Goose excursions this February!
Regards,
Burlington John

(ps - photo from the 2016 charter attached)

Date: 01/05/17 18:57
Re: Durango & Silverton 2017 Photo Special

The train crew from the 2016 Winter Photo Special.

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 01/08/17 19:19
Re: Durango & Silverton 2017 Photo Special

From the 2015 Winter Photo Special, I have to show you this picture first before I show the next. On one of the last photo stops of the day, 473 backed up and stopped on the bridge as shown here.  Those of us in the photo line were wondering as to what was going on, when I saw the conducter and a couple walk towards the front of the engine. I was riding in the same coach as they were .... fellow Dallas Cowboys fans, we got along quite well, but neither I nor the photo line knew what was happening.  The conductor backed off and we all saw Gary drop to his knee and pull out a ring. She said yes! The engineer on 473 cut loose on the whistle and we all cheered, what a cool way to top an amazing day!

Regards,
Burlington John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds