Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Steam & Excursion > Cedar Point's Jennie K

Date: 01/09/17 10:54
Cedar Point's Jennie K
Author: bath_wildcat

In the tread I started titled Cedar Point live steam, someone inquired about Jennie K.  This is the latest I have on it.  I am not sure if the powers that be will allow the link, however I will vouch for Justin K. and Brian S.-two of the crew I had the honor to work with at Cedar Point this last season, and two of my great friends. These two guys want to try to save Jennie K, and I do not blame them one bit. If any of you guys out there in TO land can help-please do. The paragraph below is what they are trying to do, and I hope the link works, if not, then copy and paste it.  I would think assisting in steam preservation would be cool to post here.  

Knott's is holding an auction that will include Jennie but Me and Brian are trying to save her. I've got $5000 of my own money as a base but we will need to raise every dollar we can get. Since it's an auction every dollar we raise is another dollar higher we can bid. I've started a GoFundMe but we only have two months to raise the cash! If you could share this on Facebook or even throw a few bucks are way we'd appreciate it! https://www.gofundme.com/save-jennie-k

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/17 18:34 by bath_wildcat.

Date: 01/09/17 15:04
Re: Cedar Point's Jennie K
Author: jbwest

Save her from what and in order to do what?

JBWX

Date: 01/09/17 15:40
Author: bath_wildcat

They want to save it possibly from getting scrapped and if they win restore/rebuild her to run. 

Date: 01/09/17 15:55
Author: webmaster

Is the goal only $10,000.  I am sure the engine will auction a lot higher than $10k.  I also doubt it would be scrapped. What auction is scheduled?

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 01/09/17 16:27
Author: wattslocal

A photo here would be worth a thousand words -- Cedar Fair is all over this country -- but looks like its at Knott's.

Who knows what the Jennie K is. Is Jennie K the loco on the north side of the loop at Knott's?

If you win it, there's moving costs, and who's back yard is it going into?

Watts local

Date: 01/09/17 16:45
Author: Kimball

There was a photo in the original post about 7 days ago? There is an article in Today's Orange County Register newspaper about the up-coming auction at the Knot's Berry Farm Buena Park CA. Says "late March."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/knott-740497-park-auction.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/17 16:52 by Kimball.

Date: 01/09/17 20:14
Author: EMDX90

Uhhhhh... you think it's going to be scrapped?? Hah. Funny.

Date: 01/09/17 23:04
Author: Harlock

All of the questions asked in this thread so far are answered in the link in the first post. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

It sounds like by now it is probably pretty derelict, so the price may not be unreasonable. Especially if the boiler is shot. But then non-replica locomotives are getting so rare, it could be ridiculously bid up. Auctions tend to bring out dumb prices from people who have more money than sense. Also, the smaller the loco is, the more it is worth. Big ones are harder to deal with and have a much smaller market.

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 01/10/17 08:59
Author: CPRR

Well I will bid for her.....

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/10/17 09:57
Author: mapboy

Kimball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There was a photo in the original post about 7
> days ago? There is an article in Today's Orange
> County Register newspaper about the up-coming
> auction at the Knot's Berry Farm Buena Park CA.
> Says "late March."
>
> http://www.ocregister.com/articles/knott-740497-pa
> rk-auction.html

In the OCR slideshow in the link above, Jennie K is #18, #22 and #23.

mapboy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0643 seconds