Home Open Account Help 204 users online

Steam & Excursion > 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927


Date: 01/11/17 07:27
3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: Spikes

Builders photos in Pennsylvania, 1927.




Date: 01/11/17 08:54
Re: 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: CPRR

Nice photo.

I think that 3751 should become the official City of Los Angeles Steam Locomotive. She lives in LA, leaves from LA, most runs are in LA basin.

Posted from iPhone



Date: 01/11/17 09:13
Re: 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: Spikes

The 3751 was donated by Santa Fe to San Bernardino, a Santa Fe town. It displayed there for 28 years. It was bought by SBRHS to fully operate. It may someday reside in San Bernardino perhaps. It operated in and out of LA many times during it's career. More runs around the state and even outside are always a possiblility. Support SBRHS.



Date: 01/11/17 09:24
Re: 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: flyingfred

The 3751 was the first locomotive to enter Los Angeles Union Station when it was first opened.

-Fred-



Date: 01/11/17 10:08
Re: 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: Spikes

3751 - First 4-8-4 built by Baldwin and first ordered by Santa Fe, correct? Also last steam revenue train into San Diego in 1950s and first steam train back to San Diego in the 2010s, correct?



Date: 01/11/17 11:45
Re: 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: burlingtonjohn

Spikes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3751 - First 4-8-4 built by Baldwin and first
> ordered by Santa Fe, correct? Also last steam
> revenue train into San Diego in 1950s and first
> steam train back to San Diego in the 2010s,
> correct?

Unless you count the appearance of the American Freedom Train in January of 1976.

Regards,
Burlington John
 



Date: 01/11/17 11:57
Re: 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: wigwag

3751 was Baldwins first 4-8-4 AND Santa Fes first 4-8-4 locomotive. It also pulled the first Scout into LA Union Station.



Date: 01/11/17 13:43
Re: 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: nycman

Neat "as delivered" photo, coal tender, 73 inch drivers, second sand dome.  She was rebuilt in 1941 to pretty much the appearance she sports today.



Date: 01/11/17 16:59
Re: 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: PHall

Spikes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 3751 was donated by Santa Fe to San
> Bernardino, a Santa Fe town. It displayed there
> for 28 years. It was bought by SBRHS to fully
> operate. It may someday reside in San Bernardino
> perhaps. It operated in and out of LA many times
> during it's career. More runs around the state and
> even outside are always a possiblility. Support
> SBRHS.

I was under the impression that the City of San Bernardino still owns the locomotive.
 



Date: 01/17/17 11:51
Re: 3751 birth - Baldwin - 1927
Author: jdc3751

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was under the impression that the City of San
> Bernardino still owns the locomotive.

The SBRHS purchased the locomotive from the City of San Bernardino in 1986 for $1.00 with an understanding that they would restore it to operating condition.



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds