Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Steam & Excursion > Thank Yoooo! Uncle Pete and Crew! sign made for 1992 UP Steam

Date: 04/18/17 06:07
Thank Yoooo! Uncle Pete and Crew! sign made for 1992 UP Steam
Author: RailRat

A few shots of the sign I made, in 1992, out of true appreciation, for the UP Steam program, in time for the Eastbound segment of the trip through Northern Nevada. Pic #1 (cropped) was taken by Mr. Lynn Nystrom, from Cab of 3985 in Elko,Nevada, during EB AM departure, while 3985 waits for green to enter mainline. (Video was posted awhile ago)...Later, that same day, this sign blew out the back of my truck, while I was bumping along the RR access road, half way up the west side of Pequop Mountain, in my haste to get set up for filming 3985 Pequop Climb, East of Wells,Nevada. After filming 3985, on my way back down, I fount it laying face up, 20 feet from the tracks!..wondered if 3985 crew saw it sitting there, and wondered where the hell I might have been? Well I was near the summit,and they gave me a friendly toot of the whistle! (Video 3985 Pequop Climb! posted awhile ago). Pic #2 is back of same photo that Lynn sent to me later on in the year. Pic #3 was taken following year,at home in Twin Falls,Idaho, I still had it, and then wound up giving it to the 3985 crew, while they were stopped Eastbound, in Shoshone,Idaho 1993. Later heard it wound up in Omaha Headquarters or something?

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/17 06:13 by RailRat.

Date: 04/18/17 14:15
Re: Thank Yoooo! Uncle Pete and Crew! sign made for 1992 UP Steam
Author: ProAmtrak

Lynn took a great pic of you man, glad you found the sign, normally stuff like that falls or gets lost and is never found again!

Date: 04/18/17 16:33
Re: Thank Yoooo! Uncle Pete and Crew! sign made for 1992 UP Steam
Author: RailRat

ProAmtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lynn took a great pic of you man, glad you found
> the sign, normally stuff like that falls or gets
> lost and is never found again!

Thanks Pro!..just remembered, think took a quick photo or video clip of the spot is was laying. It fit pretty snug in the back of truck, think combination of wind gust and bumpy road blew it out!, (those access roads in that area are very rocky,bumpy,can't drive em very fast, with safety in mind anyway!)

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0782 seconds