Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Steam & Excursion > 844- A different view

Date: 04/18/17 20:12
844- A different view
Author: Bob3985

Here are a couple of photos I shot today.
First up is a shot starting into a curve approaching our passing under I-80 with a slight reflection in the cars paint.
Second is the Cheyenne Depot Museum Manager peering out the front window as we rounded the steam shop heading for the Mainline.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/19/17 02:12
Re: 844- A different view
Author: pvarlien

That first shot is pretty cool, Bob.

Peter Varlien
Heimdal,

Date: 04/19/17 06:23
Author: refarkas

That first shot has one of the best "Reflections" I have seen.
Bob

Date: 04/19/17 06:58

Thanks guys. I guess in my old age patience is a virtue waiting for just the right shot. It was a great ride to Laramie. Thanks to the crew for the invite.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/19/17 12:40
Author: MaryMcPherson

Love it!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 04/19/17 13:34
Author: Tominde

Great shot.

Date: 04/19/17 15:07
Author: RailRat

"Reflections of Steam"...nice ones Bob!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 04/19/17 15:24

BTW, can you please tell them to please remove that ugly growth on rear of train?..it's messing up the overall "gracefull" look of the whole thing! (Hee-Hee). I know, I know, it probably can't be placed anywhere else in the consist?...And any Idea why they are going to overnight in Gooding,Id. And not Shoshone?

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 04/19/17 18:00

Jim, they are overnighting in Gooding to permit them to see the locomotive and equipment. They have been doing those types of stays for a while now. The people in Gooding, who normally get to watch the train fly by in but a brief few seconds, will now get to see it up close and personal.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/19/17 20:17
Author: Hillcrest

I think that's cool. I know they're not THE crew, but they're still a crew and camping out on the road would be pretty fun once in a while I think, plus if it gets the small towns along the ROW into the act, well that's what it's all about, right? Nice photos Bob...

Cheers, Dave

Date: 04/20/17 00:22

Bob3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jim, they are overnighting in Gooding to permit
> them to see the locomotive and equipment. They
> have been doing those types of stays for a while
> now. The people in Gooding, who normally get to
> watch the train fly by in but a brief few seconds,
> will now get to see it up close and personal.

Wow Bob!..just took a closer look at the DETALED SHEDULE posted on UP Steam.com,looks like many 30mins stops scedule in between the major towns,both WB and EB in Idaho, where I'm most familiar with. Looks like 844 is taking the "Northern" route Westbound, and the "Southern" route Eastbound, (In Southeast Idaho anyways). Hope other serious T.O. members (chasing/filming this trip) notice this too!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 04/20/17 04:34

Hillcrest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that's cool. I know they're not THE crew,
> but they're still a crew and camping out on the
> road would be pretty fun once in a while I think,
> plus if it gets the small towns along the ROW into
> the act, well that's what it's all about, right?
> Nice photos Bob...
>
> Cheers, Dave...................................Bunkhouse On Wheels In good Weather,Yes, Fun, In Hot, or Very Cold Weather No, Not Fun. But Anyway, I hope the Good, Old Fashioned people of Gooding, Idaho, will welcome the 844 crew with Homemade Soup, Bread and Cookies, That's Just how they are up there. This trip will get accomplished one way or another,even though its probably on a shoestring budget, due to the huge expenses uncured with the 4014 restoration budget...But for some reason, there's always been a big connection with the UP and Boise,Idaho, don't ask me why. I'm just glad to see UP Steam out on the road again.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 04/22/17 22:34
Author: Odyssey

Thanks Bob for posting your images ... great ones!
I have followed the 844 from Cheyenne to Boise and it has been a really good trip.
The overall turnouts in "small town America in fly over country" have
been fantastic ... since Gooding is mentioned in this thread, the turnout there was good, lots of elementary aged kids where there when the 844 arrived ... I'll be posting images down the road ... but all of the local stops have been well attended ...

Odyssey
Evergreen, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0519 seconds