Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Steam & Excursion > Wait a minute!!! Where Did the concentration come from?

Date: 04/23/17 16:32
Wait a minute!!! Where Did the concentration come from?
Author: wcamp1472

Re the 844's water treatment discussion.

It seems to me that this smells like a vendor taking advantage of a customer's ignorance and encouraging the sales of massive amounts of toxic chemicals...with massive profits being the objective.

OR

The customer did NOT follow the MSDS sheets, or the vendor's laboratory reports on proper and recommended dilutions forthis application.
Of course, now with a decimated EPA, no legal action will be undertaken to investigate the reckless endangerment to the public, the environment and to thee,polyester.

Hundreds of barrel full of the stuff dumped into thetenders is either flagrant violations of the manufacturer's instructions OR the RR did not properly oversee the safe operation of this loco.

This was a willful and intentionally dangerous practice that SHOULD NEVER HAVE OCCURRED, if the manufacturer's recommendations were followed...

Which is it???

This is a DANGEROUS "Close Call".... thank the gods that the FRA took action....

We'll probably NEVER know the truth about WHO made the decisions about the cncentrations to be used in "treating actions" and why?

Wes Camp,
I'm astounded and infuriated.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/17 17:00 by wcamp1472.

Date: 04/23/17 18:51
Re: Wait a minute!!! Where Did the concentration come from?
Author: WaterBoy

Actually, this discussion has been speculating on how the UP 844 is presently doing their water treatment, with no facts. All is regurgitated speculation based on years-old mistakes.

Surely Bob K. can get a look at how they threat their water now, and how they add what chemicals to the tenders.

Date: 04/23/17 22:39
Author: Odyssey

FWIW ... I have been following the Boise Turn Special train since it left Cheyenne (I'm currently in Nampa ID) ... there have been conversations on the scanner about water samples and treatment possibilities and where to get water ... obviously, I do not have complete access to all the conversations and especially to what goes on off radio ... but someone on the 844 seems to be paying attention ... remember folks I'm just like Sgt. Schultz ... I know nothing, just passing on what I heard pieces parts of ...

Odyssey
Evergreen, CO

Date: 04/25/17 20:41
Author: Realist

Odyssey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FWIW ...... there have been
> conversations on the scanner about water samples
> and treatment possibilities and where to get water
> ... obviously, I do not have complete access to
> all the conversations and especially to what goes
> on off radio ... but someone on the 844 seems to
> be paying attention ... remember folks I'm just
> like Sgt. Schultz ... I know nothing, just passing
> on what I heard pieces parts of ...
>
> Odyssey
> Evergreen, CO

You mean all of that wasn't worked out before the trip
even began?

Date: 04/26/17 01:42

Hey,

They're new at this systematized water treatment 'thing' ....... give 'em time
They'll figure it out as they go...

Just like the rest of their 'projects".... seems like for some, EXPERIENCE is the only teacher.

Like a newbie boxer stepping into a ring against a Champ..... it's a hard way to learn, but the lessons are pounded home...

W.

Date: 04/26/17 05:44
Author: Emmo213

Cool, now to find the other thread to figure out what the heck this thread is talking about.

Date: 04/26/17 16:04

Refer to this thread...

wcamp1472 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> goduckies Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Did he learn his lesson with all that Mud?
> >
> > Posted from Android
>
>
> From : 4/20/17..... 1508 hrs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/17 18:49 by wcamp1472.

Date: 04/27/17 06:52
Author: LocoPilot750

Noticed several big square tanks of this stuff sitting around at the open house a couple of years ago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds