Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Steam & Excursion > UP's 'Boise Turn Special' East from Ogden Today

Date: 04/27/17 14:09
UP's 'Boise Turn Special' East from Ogden Today
Author: GrandeGold

Union Pacific 844 departed Ogden Union Station this morning for a journey east along the Evanston Subdivision that will ultimately bring it home to Cheyenne, Wyoming.

1. The special, symboled the POGRO2-27, roars eastward through rural Henefer, Utah.

2. 15 miles further up the line, 844 cruises effortlessly through Echo Canyon at Emory.

3. Lastly, 844 and the 'Boise Turn Special' crest the 6824 ft. summit at Wahsatch on the road to Rock Springs, Wyoming to tie up for the day.

Thanks for looking,

James Belmont
Salt Lake City, UT

Date: 04/27/17 14:19
Re: UP's 'Boise Turn Special' East from Ogden Today
Author: Cajon92

Great photos, James. Thanks for sharing the results,

Ryan

Date: 04/27/17 16:00
Author: F40PHR231

Nicely done! I'm impressed you made it ahead to Emory after I saw you roll by Bull Hollow (a couple miles east of Echo) tangled in the pacer brigade

Date: 04/27/17 16:51
Author: GrandeGold

F40PHR231 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nicely done! I'm impressed you made it ahead to
> Emory after I saw you roll by Bull Hollow (a
> couple miles east of Echo) tangled in the pacer
> brigade

As soon as you drive past Baskin, there are a couple of long tangents and I decided to just go for it and passed every single car at once.

What 40 mph speed limit, officer?

James Belmont
Salt Lake City, UT

Date: 04/27/17 17:35
Author: F40PHR231

GrandeGold Wrote:
> What 40 mph speed limit, officer?

The three highway patrol officers at the head of the canyon parked between Lincoln Hwy and the tracks didn't even bother to go after anyone today. They were still parked there when I came back down the canyon.

Date: 04/28/17 00:49
Author: atsf121

Nice photos James. You were probably in one of the groups of people I saw along the highway near Henefer as I hustled up to Taggart. There were lots and lots of people out today. As for my speed, well ...

And Chris, I'm surprised the UHP didn't pull anyone over. I saw one sitting in the median as the pace crew came out of Weber Canyon. Traffic was just a little crazy today.

Nathan

Date: 04/28/17 16:58
Author: RailRat

Thanks for the great photos!..great to hear all went well on the highway!..great stories about the easy going Highway Patrol officers too!..that's what I miss about living/working/traveling up there..down here, in Crazy Southern Calif, probably would have been quite a different story!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/17 16:59 by RailRat.

Date: 04/29/17 15:25
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0506 seconds