Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Steam & Excursion > East Broad Top "The Current Chapter"

Date: 05/18/17 13:58
East Broad Top "The Current Chapter"
Author: mfmalk

http://thetracksidephotographer.com/2017/05/18/inside-the-ebt/

Follow the link above to my just-released photo essay about the East Broad Top RR.
I'm sometimes asked what my photographic personal project is, until now its been under wraps. But now not anymore...

I welcome comments, corrections, or feedback.

Enjoy,
Matthew

Date: 05/18/17 14:01
Re: East Broad Top "The Current Chapter"
Author: refarkas

The use of black and white images helps bring more of the feeling of timelessness to the EBT - Beautiful photos.
Bob

Date: 05/18/17 14:30
Author: andersonb109

The state of PA should step in as did Colorado and New Mexico for the C&T to preserve this national treasure and get it up and running again. Probably a drop in the budget bucket compared with the numerous other unnecessary programs that are funded.

Date: 05/18/17 16:12
Author: TheNavigator

The selection of B&W imagery is superb!  Thanks for posting.
GK 

Date: 05/18/17 22:22
Author: pennsy3750

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The state of PA should step in as did Colorado and
> New Mexico for the C&T to preserve this national
> treasure and get it up and running again. Probably
> a drop in the budget bucket compared with the
> numerous other unnecessary programs that are
> funded.

And I trust you can provide a list of unnecessary programs being funded in Pennsylvania? While you're at it, please elaborate on how you would convince PA taxpayers that they should own the EBT - its easy to bloviate when its someone else's money you're spending.

The State made offers in the past the buy the EBT and was rebuffed. That ship not only sailed, it hit an iceberg and sank.

Date: 05/18/17 23:35
Author: yankeeclipper

Thanks so much for your photo essay. Amazing, beautiful and evocative. I was there years ago and am astounded that this slice of life still exists.
The only place comparable is Jamestown CA, now a CA state park.
Wake up, Pennsylvania!
George

Date: 05/19/17 11:02
Author: CPRR

It is actually not "wake up PA!" (state park), but wake up owners of the EBT. Their price is to high, and by the time the kids in the family get it, the tracks will be gone, and no one will benefit from any payment. Scrappers don't pay well.

Date: 05/20/17 04:49
Author: mfmalk

Thank you all for your comments left here as well as under the essay, and the emails my way. The East Broad Top is my all-time favorite railroad, I want only the very best for it. To this day, visiting is an addiction I cannot break. When the alarm clock goes off at ungodly hours of the morning I can't get out of bed fast enough. At the end of a long day of shooting I don't want to leave. It is my photographic personal project; I anticipate my next return.
Matthew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/17 04:53 by mfmalk.

Date: 05/20/17 09:11
Author: YardGoat

Wonderful! Great job!

I thoroughly enjoyed your essay ... both the photos and the writings. The additional photos on your website, too. Very interesting .... powerful .... ghostly .... and sad, in ways.

I, too hope that the railroad runs again.

(My mother is from Robertsdale, so as a very young boy in the 1960's, I would climb on all the abandoned equipment when visiting my Grandparents. I certainly remember that October storm, too. It was a severe ice storm when it hit my area .... Halloween was indeed cancelled, and much damage to trees and power lines.)

Mike Soriano
Denville NJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/17 09:37 by YardGoat.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds