Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Steam & Excursion > Chama du Jour #47

Date: 05/21/17 08:48
Chama du Jour #47
Author: BoilingMan

Continued...

This sequence follows yesterday's. 
The 487 helper has cut off and cleared the main for the scheduled train to continue East.  The train is now gone and the 487 is turned and watered for the light run back down the 4% to Chama.  It's a nice little show and usually any crowd of chasers has taken off after the train, so I'd have this scene pretty much to myself. 
SR

BTW:  Bring a lunch- the crew usually brown bags it on the porch of the section house before heading home.

Date: 05/21/17 08:50
Re: Chama du Jour #47

Date: 05/21/17 09:47
Author: refarkas

Timeless.
Bob

Date: 05/22/17 07:46
Author: Jason-Rose

What's with all the "extra" rails in the highway crossing? It's not like that today and I've never noticed it in old photos. Track realignments?

Jason Rose
Spring, TX
Rio Grande Explorations

Date: 05/22/17 09:15

I'd assumed the extra rail is from before this crossing was paved. Highway 17 originally circled around behind the wye, but there's no reason there couldn't have been a dirt crossing here too. At the time I took the photo I noticed there was still paint on the rail- nothing has passed over in quite some time!
SR

Date: 05/22/17 10:23
Author: callum_out

There would have been a dirt crossing to the station when it was still in place as the "highway" as
you mention looped around the back side (almost touching) of the wye.

Out

Date: 05/22/17 10:32

Is this feature indeed gone now?
It wouldn't quite rate an "All crap now", but still...
SR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds