Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Steam & Excursion > In Back of the ORHC yesterday (4449 GRTG)

Date: 06/23/17 07:47
In Back of the ORHC yesterday (4449 GRTG)
Author: Jsporseen

Was volunteering at the ORHC yesterday and stepped out back and got this video. I'm pretty shaky and careless when in a hurry but here it is anyway even with the shadow and jerk in the middle. I just reached in my pocket and grapped my iPhone for this.

4449 being prepped, Portland Streetcar "B" Loop above, UP freight going north, Coast Starlight #11 going south. On time I might add only obviously only coming from Seattle.

Only rail activity missed was the short Oregon Pacific freight that went by on the west side and constant Orange Light Rail activity in front of the building.

#2 - Travellers Rest going as Crew Car
#3 - Gordon Zimmerman Baggage car which will be in the middle of the train. (I believe)

In the consist will be, of course, the required Amtrak Locomotive, Amtrak coaches, baggage car, Amtrak Super dome as well as other Dome and Lounge cars and the Silver Solarium at the end. Included also will be the things most critical for the success of this excursion, over 600 passengers, volunteers and crew.

Thanks to Mark Kramer for organizing the trip. It has been a tough job but he handled it superbly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/17 07:54 by Jsporseen.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/23/17 10:47
Re: In Back of the ORHC yesterday (4449 GRTG)
Author: amtrakbill

Awesome video with all kinds of action!

Date: 06/23/17 11:01
Author: kingman

like the shoutout from amtrak

Date: 06/23/17 11:52
Author: switchlock

Was that the Starlight with a Parlour car? Pretty sizable train...or is that about normal?

Date: 06/23/17 12:11
Author: ClubCar

Nice video; the best of luck to you and the entire crew of 4449. I only wish that you could be in operation here in the Baltimore area, we are steam starved. Thanks for sharing your video and other photos.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 06/23/17 13:54
Author: spdaylight

Parlour car is normal on the Starlight . . usual consist is 10 coaches but increases in the summer and holiday periods.

Craig
mcmrailvidoes.com

Date: 06/23/17 15:00
Author: nycman

What a terrific site the ORHF chose to locate, with all of that rail action right there, not to mention their own. Nice video. Have a great trip, folks.

Date: 06/23/17 15:20
Author: Rainier_Rails

Okay, I guess I'll go ahead and ask: which private cars ended up coming to be in the consist? Besides the "S. Solarium", did its normal companions, the "S. Lariat" and "S. Rapids", come as well? And I know when the excursion was first announced that "Colonial Crafts" was mentioned. I seem to recall it had been planned to be a part of the 2012 consist but couldn't make it. Was it able to this year? Any others?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/17 15:22 by Rainier_Rails.

Date: 06/23/17 19:53
Author: asheldrake

NICE video John. yes, we get good horn and waves from the Amtrak engineers....both the staff and visitors really appreciate the horn and wave. this is the rare piece of double-track main in Oregon. Arlen

Date: 06/25/17 16:43
Author: RailRat

Hey,back up that trolley! Is it also painted daylight scheme? A little hard to tell, but colors look similar to 4449, without the black. Also yes great to see friendly honks from Amtrak, plus the kids learning about steam!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0464 seconds