Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Steam & Excursion > CNJ 113 trips from April

Date: 07/06/17 18:50
CNJ 113 trips from April
Author: OCtrainguy

While I was going through my videos from Memorial Day Weekend with the N&W 611, I realized I still had not downloaded my videos of Railway Restoration Project 113 and their Easter Bunny trains. With a generous donation of the headlight from sister engine 115, the crew renumbered the 113 to honor sister engine 115. So I guess we can call this a mini Throwback Thursday! Here are three videos from that day.

1. The first trip of the day heads back to Minersville as it passes through Westwood Junction and passes a stopped Reading & Northern local, GSPN
2. The second trip of the day passing Tredegar Film Products
3. The 3:00 p.m. train heading back to Minersville as it approaches Becksville

It was a great day and the people involved do a great job. Hope you enjoy!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/08/17 06:20
Re: CNJ 113 trips from April
Author: towazy

Great videos....it's never too late to post!

Does anyone know the history of that whistle? To me it has the perfect sound for an anthracite region steam railroad.

Ooopppps...let me rephrase that question before I get "Hotwatered"....:).....would someone please provide the history of the whistle being used on 113 if they are in possession of such knowledge?

Tom

Date: 07/08/17 14:59
Author: nycman

Looks like the coaches were well populated, too. Good turnout?

Date: 07/09/17 10:29
Author: steamfan759

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH3G9Q5SFX8

Check out this you tube video from 8 years ago. It will give you a good background on the replica three chime CNJ whistle. It really does sound great!!!

Ron

Date: 07/09/17 18:46
Author: OCtrainguy

nycman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like the coaches were well populated, too.
> Good turnout?

I would say yes as the day wore on. The last trip seemed to be the most crowded.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds