Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Steam & Excursion > Nevada Steam

Date: 07/21/17 09:42
Nevada Steam
Author: RV191

Just a few from my old stomping grounds at the Nevada State RR Museum on July 2. The Inyo only comes out once a year so I ran down and took a few quick shots of her out and about. The 25 was looking good also. The Glenbrook can't run around the loop yet as some more standard/narrow gauge switches need to be built so its hard to get a good shot with out clutter in the background but here is one anyway. Enjoy!!

Date: 07/21/17 11:45
Re: Nevada Steam
Author: refarkas

Except for the number of stars on the American flag, numbers one and two look almost timeless.
Bob

Date: 07/21/17 13:00
Author: andersonb109

I love our flag. But what is the obsession with putting flags of any kind on steam locomotives?

Date: 07/21/17 16:49
Author: cchan006

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love our flag. But what is the obsession with
> putting flags of any kind on steam locomotives?

If you didn't read the OP's description, July 2nd would mean Sunday before America's Birthday (Independence Day), so flying the flag to celebrate that should be appropriate, wouldn't you say?

I've visited Carson City for the museum's celebration of July 4th in previous years. Fun event. Thanks RV191, for posting the photos!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds