Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Steam & Excursion > WM Trains Magazine Photo Event

Date: 07/22/17 11:30
WM Trains Magazine Photo Event
Author: andersonb109

Is there any further word on if the TRAINS Magazine WM photo event in September is going to happen? What's the current status of the loco? Apparently my ticket is non-refundable and unfortunately I won't be able to attend as there is a steam charter in Ukraine running at the same time. I would think they will have to announce a go/no go date soon as people need to make transportation plans. I assume if the loco isn't ready by that date the event will be canceled or re-scheduled in which case I would think there would be choice of re-fund or accepting the new date. Fall is a busy month for charters so I doubt any re-scheduled date would be acceptable to many. But if it runs, I'll have a nice unused souvenir ticket.

Date: 07/22/17 16:06
Re: WM Trains Magazine Photo Event
Author: jkh2cpu

You signed a contract with them. I would think
they would cough back up the money that you
remitted.

John.

Date: 07/22/17 17:25
Author: cozephyr

I had the impression money issues had been resolved and progress was being made for operation in late 2017. Has something changed?

Date: 07/24/17 05:58
Author: highgreengraphics

I was all ready to sign up until I saw the contract they sent me that says specifically "No refunds". They did not get my 500 bucks, newly-restored steam is too unpredictable. === === = === JLH

Date: 07/24/17 07:02
Author: HotWater

Since they just started installing the boiler tubes in 1309, and heaven only knows how much work still needs to be completed on the running gear (the C&O really beat the crap out of all the driving boxes and pedestal jaws), how is she going to be ready for September? Or even November for that matter?

Date: 07/24/17 13:01
Author: frntinplate

I called the WMSR today and after many attempts finally got a hold of the office manager. Aft a lot of discussion the answer was "should be running in Late September", so make plans for October.....Well when I mentioned the September photo special and that a lot of folks need to make travel plans and when will you make a go/no-go decision on that trip. After some silence, the lady stated "we will make a go or no-go sometime in mid August."

So for all you folks waiting for a decision, it now seems they are not sure if it will be ready for the 3 day event, and sometime in mid August they will make their decision. I would not book any flights to September event until after mid August, of course, that makes it more expensive. Somehow I did not get the feeling that everything is on schedule to get things done, but who knows which heads will roll in the WMSR offices if things don't pan out. It seems the pressure is on.

Date: 07/24/17 17:12
Author: HotWater

frntinplate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I called the WMSR today and after many attempts
> finally got a hold of the office manager. Aft a
> lot of discussion the answer was "should be
> running in Late September", so make plans for
> October.....Well when I mentioned the September
> photo special and that a lot of folks need to make
> travel plans and when will you make a go/no-go
> decision on that trip. After some silence, the
> lady stated "we will make a go or no-go sometime
> in mid August."
>
> So for all you folks waiting for a decision, it
> now seems they are not sure if it will be ready
> for the 3 day event, and sometime in mid August
> they will make their decision. I would not book
> any flights to September event until after mid
> August, of course, that makes it more expensive.
> Somehow I did not get the feeling that everything
> is on schedule to get things done, but who knows
> which heads will roll in the WMSR offices if
> things don't pan out. It seems the pressure is
> on.

Just curious but, did you REALLY expect them/her to tell you the truth, i.e. they have no clue when the damned locomotive will be finished & tested good????

Date: 07/25/17 06:45
Author: Buttons2013

TERRIBLE PR and customer service on WMSR's part. They know the locomotive won't be ready in September based on all available information. Issue refunds now to people who purchased tickets. No use waiting around and making people angry.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0559 seconds