Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Steam & Excursion > Heritage Explorer Train to Carbondale (PA)

Date: 08/19/17 12:40
Heritage Explorer Train to Carbondale (PA)
Author: Pattenburg

On Saturday the Lackawanna Heritage Valley organization sponsored their annual "Heritage Explorer Train" to Carbondale for the town's Pioneer Days Festival. Motive power for the train's five coach consist was DL 2457. The train was scheduled to depart from Scranton at 10 AM. The first image was taken in Olyphant around 11 AM as it passed over the South Valley Avenue grade crossing. With the train's passing I hurried off to my next photo location which was Archbald. Upon my arrival I noticed what looked like a person laying in the track's gauge. Walking over to this person I nudged him with my foot and got no reaction. Again I nudged him and this time he woke up in a dazed state. I told him a train was coming and his reply was "I want to sleep!" Being persistent I kept telling him he had to move and eventually he did. The way he staggered about after leaving the ROW I had to wonder if it was drugs or a hangover that put him in that condition. It was sad to see this young man, perhaps in his mid-twenties, in that state and cast a somber note to this day of my being trackside. On the other hand being there and getting him off of the tracks avoided a potential tragedy.

Date: 08/20/17 12:49
Re: Heritage Explorer Train to Carbondale (PA)
Author: Dreamer

Thank you for stepping in. Even if the young man does get better you may havesaved several people from a horrific event and memory that day.

Dreamer

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0494 seconds