Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Steam & Excursion > GS-2 & GS-4 Double heading

Date: 10/17/17 09:56
GS-2 & GS-4 Double heading
Author: Digger

You just never know what you might see when attending the "Fall Meet" at Sacramento Valley Live Steamers in Sacramento. Two years ago, I was fortunate to operate the GS-2 seen here, then owned by Roger Frymire. I was double heading with a GS-4 that is owned by Craig Craddock, and was being operated by Roger Frymire. The passenger cars also belong to Craig. Both locomotives and the cars were built by the late Joe Yetter. In 1938, R.H. McFarland photographed such a scene (Coast Line Pictorial by Thompson & Signor). I'm thankful that we have these large models to loosely recreate what I was born too late to see with my own eyes.

The meet isn't open to the general public. However, railroad enthusiasts are welcome to join us October 21-22. For more information and directions, visit www.svlsrm.org

Chris Donhost
Vacaville, CA

Date: 10/17/17 10:04
Re: GS-2 & GS-4 Double heading
Author: MojaveBill

From someone who did see and ride these trains, especially the San Joaquin Daylight version, the models are a beautiful re-creation!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 10/17/17 10:29
Re: GS-2 & GS-4 Double heading
Author: Digger

Here are a few other things to wet the whistle. The first clip is my SP Mogul being operated by a 15 y/o Reed Hickman, the second is Ken Schroeder on his shay, and the third is an engineer unknown to me operating Bob Forren's train.

~Chris

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0273 seconds