Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Steam & Excursion > ATSF 2926 Update November 11, 2017

Date: 11/15/17 08:58
ATSF 2926 Update November 11, 2017
Author: Cumbresfan

Two November work status updates and two November photo sets posted on line. Home page shows the newly acquired baggage car; purchase donations accepted by mail or on line or by GoFundMe. And, no, I don't have any info on steam up. Please direct other questions to the webmaster.

http://nmslrhs.org/
http://2926.us

(2926 Photo by Chip Kizer)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/17 09:06 by Cumbresfan.

Date: 11/15/17 10:16
Re: ATSF 2926 Update November 11, 2017
Author: NKPBernet

For those not wanting to have the hassle of opening another window, here is the latest work update from the website:

"Work Session Status Week Ending 11/11/2017
November 14, 2017

As of November 7th we took ownership of ex-Santa Fe baggage car RPCX 3939. The 3939 was the original car number while the reporting mark is not. That mark will be changed in due time.
Current plans are for it to have ​the heavy work done in Ohio such as the trucks and brake equipment. I expect this car will then go on rail to St. Louis then on to Albuquerque hopefully early summer.
This week we saw the final installation of the two steam pipes from the steam dome to the turret. The injector piping from the turret is currently being reinstalled.
A few more pieces of jacketing was fastened on to the steam cylinders and cylinder cocks installed.
The MU crew wired a second receptacle at the rear of the tender.

The air operated bell ringer received a final adjustment and now rings properly. The stack lifter control also works as designed.
Piping is being done on the forward 1" equalizing air line to allow for boiler expansion.
The machine shop completed the new trailing truck brake hanger pin and bushing. Both were installed Saturday morning.
The store has received a fresh supply of merchandise for the upcoming gift-giving season. If you have a rail fan in the family there is an abundance of items for sale.
An upcoming New Member orientation given by our safety officer is scheduled for December 16 at 0900. This is the last one for the year.

Hope to see everyone on the site this week, and as always . ."

-Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/17 10:17 by dbesade.

Date: 11/15/17 10:30
Author: RRBadTrack

Great stuff!!!

Date: 11/16/17 19:10
Author: Finderskeepers

The tender sure looks great in the new imron paint and hand painted lettering!

Date: 11/29/17 23:35
Author: Abqfoamer

Tender correctly re-lettered by semi-world renowned narrow gauge master photog, mapmaker, former NMSL&RHS treasurer and co-author Ernie Robart.

Date: 12/01/17 08:09
Author: Finderskeepers

I noticed that her cylinders have yet to be "buttoned up"..is there more work to do on the steam chest and cylinders before she is operable?

Date: 12/01/17 11:55
Author: Buttons2013

Finderskeepers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed that her cylinders have yet to be
> "buttoned up"..is there more work to do on the
> steam chest and cylinders before she is operable?

I would think that the first time they fire her up they will want to blow all the "gunk" and debris out of there before installing the cylinders etc.

Date: 12/01/17 12:15
Author: HotWater

Buttons2013 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Finderskeepers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I noticed that her cylinders have yet to be
> > "buttoned up"..is there more work to do on the
> > steam chest and cylinders before she is
> operable?
>
> I would think that the first time they fire her up
> they will want to blow all the "gunk" and debris
> out of there before installing the cylinders etc.

Well, to be clearer, the better way to "blow all the gunk out" is, to NOT have the valves installed, and the valve heads removed. Also, the cylinders are already installed, but might not have the valves/pistons installed yet.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds