Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Steam & Excursion > Visitors On Niles Canyon Railway, 2010 Steamfest

Date: 12/13/17 18:37
Visitors On Niles Canyon Railway, 2010 Steamfest
Author: FiveChime

First runby is on trackage east of Sunol with concrete ties, second between Farwell and Brightside.

Regards, Jim Evans

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/13/17 20:28
Re: Visitors On Niles Canyon Railway, 2010 Steamfest
Author: Mudrock

Very nice photo runby! You did a fine job!

Chris

Date: 12/14/17 18:16
Re: Visitors On Niles Canyon Railway, 2010 Steamfest
Author: ChrisCampi

I believe I was the Conductor on that second train. It turned out to be a miserable time as Fox News broadcast the event on the news unbeknownst to us and we had to turn Hundreds and hundreds of people away who had made a special trip to ride a steam train. We learned a lot that day. We made arrangements to run shorter trips to get more runs in but it made little difference. On top of that, one of my brakemen had trouble dealing with the crush of folks and needed some quiet time to get his head together when I needed him most. Things happen and you deal with them. Joe “Wingomann” had the Eastbound train, and we worked hard getting folks off and on while watering three locos in Sunol at the same time with an impromptu, expanded schedule Still was a neat event and the visiting crews were great to work with.

Chris

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds