Home Open Account Help 395 users online

Steam & Excursion > Disney movie set on Kauai!

Date: 06/09/18 22:28
Disney movie set on Kauai!
Author: Railpax71

Hollywood loocmotive suddenly appeared on Kauai on the Kilohana 3-foot gauge this week. Does anyone know the heritage of the prop locomotive? Estrada de Fuero Madeira was over painted the names on the passenger cars. It is a "Jungle Cruise" production by Elixr Hawaii, Atlanta, Georgia and South America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/18 22:43 by Railpax71.

Date: 06/09/18 22:41
Re: Disney movie set on Kauai!
Author: jbwest

Walt must be rolling over in his grave, what a terrible fake.

JBWX

Date: 06/09/18 22:47
Author: Railpax71

At great expense to Kauai here too as there are native 30" gauge steamers in operation at the Grove Farm museum in in Lihue.

Date: 06/10/18 00:05
Author: 2-10-2

More details on the filming from Kauai's "The Garden Island" newspaper website:

http://www.thegardenisland.com/2018/03/08/hawaii-news/disneys-jungle-cruise-to-film-on-kauai-this-summer/

Date: 06/10/18 08:48
Author: Check_A1E_Perf

jbwest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Walt must be rolling over in his grave, what a
> terrible fake.

Ward Kimball, too!

Maybe its going to meet an equally terrible end in the film...

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/10/18 09:23
Author: CPRR

The shear fact that we have NO writer talent in Hollywood today, they have continually make movies based on Disneyland rides. Yes Walt, Ward, and Ollie are turning over in their graves.....

Is this loco made of wood? Bad design, but I guess it is trying to be “cartoonish “

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/10/18 10:16
Author: JDLX

Pretty obviously built around on of their GE 25-ton diesel electrics.

Interesting. Thanks for the photo!

It would also be interesting to know if they looked at the Gove Farms operation, and if so what made the difference between them filming there versus Kauai Plantation.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 06/10/18 12:45
Author: JDLX

I've been doing some reflecting since I posted my response above. Kauai has often been asked to stand in for South America on many different movie productions through time. It's apparent the script called for a passenger train, and at the end of the day it might have been easier for the production company to make one of the Plantation's diesels into a poorly done rendition of a steam locomotive than to convert any of Grove Farm's cane cars into passenger cars. I don't know if I will ever see that movie when it comes out, but if I do it will be intriguing to see what role this train plays.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds