Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Steam & Excursion > Glenbrook in Action at the NSRM (Nevada)

Date: 07/15/18 08:58
Glenbrook in Action at the NSRM (Nevada)
Author: cchan006

NSRM stands for Nevada State Railroad Museum, and is located in Carson City.

It's a tradition for the NSRM to do a July 4th event, so I headed to Carson City on Independence Day to see what the museum was up to. IC_2024 and wpamtk headed up there the Saturday before, and posted these reports:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,4587162
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,4585523

I've posted reports of McKeen Motor Car, Inyo, and V&T #25 in 2014, so I focus on the Glenbrook in this report. It was the first time I saw the Glenbrook running, as I missed their first steam up event about 3 years ago.

The narrow gauge tracks around the loop are in place, but the museum volunteers are not yet done with all the dual guage switches, so the Glenbrook didn't run the entire loop. I'm sure that'll happen in the near future.

Many thanks to NSRM for fun times throughout the years. That's it for the quick report.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/15/18 09:19
Re: Glenbrook in Action at the NSRM (Nevada)
Author: TomPlatten

What a rare treat to see the venerable wig-wags protecting the Glenbrook!

Date: 07/15/18 14:07
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

That's a really, really nice video, Charlie!  The Glenbrook looks beautiful!  Love the pretty gold strips on her domes.   And she is square!  Love that!

And I had no idea that museum had a set of operating wig-wags -- how cool  Thanks for videoing them!

Well done, everyone at the Nevada State Railroad Museum!

Date: 07/15/18 14:23
Author: ble692

You have the wigwags, which are old enough at probably somewhere close to 100 years old. Then you have the Glenbrook, which was built in 1875, making it around 50 or so years older than the wigwags. 143 year old technology mixed with 100 year old technology. It's really neat to see them all still working.

Date: 07/15/18 20:41
Author: KMiddlebrook

Being insular, does the NSRM-Carson City equipment have FRA tickets to operate?  My guess would be "no".

Date: 07/17/18 20:37
Author: atsf121

Great video, that's neat looking locomotive.

Nathan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds