Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Steam & Excursion > C&TSRR = Osier = Gon Train Meet

Date: 08/11/18 05:58
C&TSRR = Osier = Gon Train Meet
Author: Wacky-roger1942

Engineer / Fireman School Day 4 August 2018. Train meet at Osier.

Roger Hogan
Chama, NM
Train Stuff

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/11/18 08:02
Re: C&TSRR = Osier = Gon Train Meet
Author: Bob3985

Great footage Roger and what a beautiful day. I see you are smoke free down your way. All the California/Utah/ Wyoming smoke is up here in Wyoming and Colorado.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 08/11/18 08:37
Author: Wacky-roger1942

Bob3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great footage Roger and what a beautiful day. I
> see you are smoke free down your way. All the
> California/Utah/ Wyoming smoke is up here in
> Wyoming and Colorado.

The smoke was heavy the other day and then it railed a little and made it nice again.

Roger Hogan
Chama, NM
Train Stuff

Date: 08/11/18 09:29
Author: Cumbresfan

Another great video Roger.

But I must comment on the apparent safety violation at minute 1:28. They are unloading passengers from the tourist car on to the narrow strip of gravel between the passenger train and the moving Engineer/Fireman train. Even though the staff is helping passengers off the train, some of them who are older needing assistance, there is a chance someone could trip and fall. You never want to be between parked cars (freight or passenger) and a moving train, whether standard or narrow gauge. I feel strongly enough that this should be brought to the attention of management.

Date: 08/11/18 09:51
Author: wcamp1472

Good catch, Cumbresfan...

i totally agree—- ESPECIALLY for an operation catering to tourists.

Either the passengers should not be allowed to disembark, until the train is past ...OR, stop the train movement..
COME ON FOLKS ....THIS IS SERIOUS & THOUGHTLESS BEHAVIOR ON THE PART OF THE CREWS..

We’ve recently seen how quickly tragedy can strike....let’s NOT set the stage for such an easily avoidable and foreseeable incident.

SAFETY IS NO ACCIDENT

Wes Camp

Date: 08/11/18 10:09
Author: sptno

Having been involved with the Austin Steam Train Assoication, I also noticed that. 
Some policy and procedures need to be followed and addressed.  Passengers should have exited on the other side of the passenger train.
Pat
South Austin, TX

Date: 08/11/18 10:14

At Chama they now notify passengers, boarding, deboarding or spectators that they cannot be between the cars and a hot steam engine, moving or not, which is a great safety precaution. They just need to apply a "between the cars" rule to other locations.

Date: 08/11/18 10:24

The other side (engineer side) of the train has rough rocky ballast and is not level which is why both trains unload on to the small-gravel level surface between the tracks. I'm usually inside eating when the first passenger train to arrive departs and don't know if they prohibit passengers to load on the second train while the first is moving. If not, they should stop and clear the loading area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/18 13:04 by Cumbresfan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds