Home Open Account Help 173 users online

Steam & Excursion > Live Steam!

Date: 09/18/18 06:43
Live Steam!
Author: ETFuller

I know this is a bit off topic here, but I thought it might be fun to look at some of the other 19th century steam technology that grew up along with the steam locomotive. In this short video from the 42d Annual Steam and Gas Pasture Party which is held every September in Somerset, Virginia, experience live steam working everything from small stationary steam engines to massive steam powered tractors.

http://thetracksidephotographer.com/2018/09/18/live-steam/

Thanks,
Edd Fuller, Editor
The Trackside Photographer
http://thetracksidephotographer.com/

Date: 09/18/18 07:44
Re: Live Steam!
Author: Bob3985

That is great footage. I got to attend the Old Midwest Pioneers and Steam Treshers Reunion in Mount Pleasant, Iowa a couple of times earlier in my life and really enjoyed their displays of antique steam and gas equipment. And there was their trolley line to ride as well. I highly recommend a visit there in September when they meet.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/18/18 08:57
Author: UP3806

Fascinating stuff. Thanks very much for the post.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/18 08:59 by UP3806.

Date: 09/18/18 20:56
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Remember these from my childhood. A steam tractor pulling a thresher and several wagons from farm to farm to thresh their wheat. Very fascinating machines that must have started me on a full career as a steam engineer.

SuperChiefDon

Date: 09/18/18 20:58
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Remember these fine steam tractors from my childhood on a farm in Maryland. A steam tractor pulling a thresher and several wagons from farm to farm to thresh their wheat. Very fascinating machines that must have started me on a full career as a steam engineer.

SuperChiefDon

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0583 seconds