Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Steam & Excursion > RBMN #425 pulling the return of the Mountain Top Rotary excursion

Date: 09/22/18 19:15
RBMN #425 pulling the return of the Mountain Top Rotary excursion
Author: Rdg170

I decided to chase the return of the Reading Blue Mountain and Northern excursion from Penobscot to Jim Thorpe, PA, which was sponsored by the Mountain Top Rotary. I headed up to White Haven and figured I could catch it at two or three spots between there and Penobscot. Much to my surprise the 425 pulled the return trip unassisted. I had seen earlier pictures of the trip down and there was a diesel behind the steamer. The weather was grubby but the show was great. In the car, I had the opportunity to pace the train on the climb up to Glen Summit. Man, she was loud! #1 - White Haven, by the library which is a former roundhouse. #2 - Climbing the grade to Glen Summit along Tunnel Rd. #3 - Passing Crestwood Rd., Glen Summit.

Doug Rowland
Philadelphia, PA

Date: 09/22/18 20:44
Re: RBMN #425 pulling the return of the Mountain Top Rotary excur
Author: Tominde

Good looking train. 

Date: 09/23/18 08:59
Author: OCtrainguy

Nice photos!  My son and I were i nthe Lehigh Gorge for the train heading to Jim Thorpe.  It was very quiet heading down the mountain, kinda snuck up on us.  We had heard the return trip would be without the diesel.  We caught the return trip in the lower Lehigh Gorge and it was making it's prescence known! 

Date: 09/23/18 12:08
Author: Keystone1

Will the 425 trips over the Oct.. 12-13 and 20-21 weekends, have a diesel?

Date: 09/23/18 12:24
Author: AcDC9902

Yes

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/23/18 13:33
Author: Keystone1

Thank you.     Thanks for the warning.

Date: 09/23/18 20:42
Author: boejoe

Nice shots.  I believe the former roundhouse referenced for photo #1 is ex-Lehigh Valley.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds