Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Steam & Excursion > Fooling Around With Beat Up Negatives

Date: 11/11/18 09:57
Fooling Around With Beat Up Negatives
Author: BoilingMan

I've got a fair number of negatives that I didn't take very good care of- they're pretty beat up.  If they seem worthy I'll invest an hour or so repairing them in Lightroom.   But sometimes it's kind interesting to just go ahead, leave the scratches, and go for something different...   it's certainly easier!
SR

Oh-  this is on the C&T at Osier, about 10-12 years ago.

Date: 11/11/18 15:22
Re: Fooling Around With Beat Up Negatives
Author: refarkas

The sepia and defects gave a false age to the photo as if it was taken 100 years ago.
Bob

Date: 11/13/18 21:20
Author: lowwater

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The sepia and defects gave a false age to the
> photo as if it was taken 100 years ago.
> Bob

Nope.......no more than 93 years -- the 480s, all 10 of them, were built and delivered in 1925☺. SFAIK they were the last new narrow-gauge engine the D&RGW bought (the 490s were rebuilt from standard-gauge 2-8-0s). Really nice work, I for one wouldn't mind seeing more!

Date: 11/13/18 21:40

Yes, you're right- 1925.  (The 490's had new running gear under old boilers).   The guy's white shoes are kinda odd too..     but I was more working on some more intended to be "arty" that a fake historic photo.  I mostly just like the way it looks.  Here's another along the same lines.  This one pairs a K-27 and K-37, probably a rare event back in the day. 
But, again, I just like how it looks.
SR

Date: 11/15/18 16:21
Author: nycman

SR, I apologize for doing this.  The sepia is great.  I recently learned a few things that I should have learned years ago about doing some minor corrections, so just HAD to do this.

Date: 11/15/18 18:11

Mmmmmm...     It's okay, but just not quite strong enough for me.  Somehow the sepia & scratches seem to add to it's interest rather than detract.  But it's a fine line, I suppose?
SR

Date: 11/15/18 19:36
Author: nycman

You were the photographer and you captured the image for all of the rest of us, so thank you.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds