Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Steam & Excursion > Week-long September C&TS Trip, Day 4: An eastbound surprise

Date: 11/14/18 19:25
Week-long September C&TS Trip, Day 4: An eastbound surprise
Author: wko

Click here for Day 1 / Click here for Day 2 / Click here for Day 3 / Click here for Day 4 Western board shots

Day 4 (Wednesday, September 26) was spent completely in Antonito working on the upcoming friend's charter, painting, and building some stuff for 463 using our measurements from the day before. We finished early, and as I was asking what we could do I was told not to stress myself, and why don't I just go get the passenger train coming in. So, I headed out a short ways west of town and waited.

I was in a spot where I could see around a curve, waiting on the train, when to my surprise, RGS Goose #5 popped around the corner, I had completely forgotten this was running! So, I got it at my spot, then headed back in to town for another shot.

Photo 1:
Goose #5 approaches the Antonito yard limits near MP 283. Unfortunately, I had waited the whole time in the sun, then when this showed up the sun disappeared.

Photo 2:
After dropping all the passengers, #5 starts up around the loop to back into one of the friend's yard tracks.

Photo 3:
Having backed into one of the yard tracks, #5 waits while 489 brings the daily passenger train through the property. And with all the action completed for the time being, the sun would come out not long after this.

This would be all the steam/narrow gauge content I would shoot on this day. There is another posting on the western board with the remaining pictures from the day, where the SLRG made an appearance.

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed!
~wko

Date: 11/15/18 18:01
Re: Week-long September C&TS Trip, Day 4: An eastbound surprise
Author: BoilingMan

Here the Poor Goose looking darn lonely about, I don't know...  maybe 15, or 20min before you rolled them into Antonito.
SR

Date: 11/15/18 18:52
Re: Week-long September C&TS Trip, Day 4: An eastbound surprise
Author: wko

That's a great picture, thanks for sharing, SR!
~wko

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds