Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Steam & Excursion > International Steam Photo Series Summary and Second Series

Date: 03/06/19 05:42
International Steam Photo Series Summary and Second Series
Author: andersonb109

As promised, here's a brief summary of my recent international steam photo series. I was interested to see the relative interest in the various countries. By far, Bosnia had the most views. Possibly some sort of glitch as at 1,930  it had 784 more views than the next closest....the U.S. Those two were followed by China, Cuba, and Scotland. Interesting to note that three of the top five featured real operating (not tourist or charter) steam. I was surprised the U.S. was so high as many of lines and locomotives have also been taken by others here, at times even standing right beside me on photo charters. The countries with the least interest were Germany, Sweden, Austria, New Zealand and Australia. All either European or South Pacific. All the others were pretty much bunched in the middle. Zimbabwe wasn't included as it was just posted yesterday.  I didn't total up the comments, both public and private, but it seems Scotland, Wales, Zambia, South Africa and Ukraine received the most....many due to discussions as to weather or not Scotland and Wales are countries and the current name of Zambia....or Northern Rhodesia as one  poster preferred.  Many commented on my Ukraine story and liked Yana's photos. 

As I've enjoyed doing this and by popular demand (three people), I'll start over. This time with several photos per country if available or perhaps more than one day per country. Starting with Argentina, the same loco seen in the original post is crossing the bridge just north of El Matan on the October 2000 Trains Unlimited tour.

Date: 03/06/19 07:01
Re: International Steam Photo Series Summary and Second Series
Author: train671

Of all the images you have shared so far this one is my favorite.  Thanks again for sharing.

Date: 03/06/19 11:29
Author: Keystone1

Yes....more photos of Yana with a steam engine.

Date: 03/06/19 13:20
Author: andersonb109

You will have to wait until Ukraine comes up again. 

Date: 03/06/19 14:46
Author: Keystone1

Awwww

Date: 03/06/19 16:02
Author: refarkas

Beautiful image.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.139 seconds