Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Steam & Excursion > China Steam 2

Date: 03/12/19 03:41
China Steam 2
Author: andersonb109

Here is the second installment of China Steam. Trips were made in March 2003 and November 2004, Both using the GW Travel hotel train. The first three photos are from the narrow gauge forestry railway at Weihe in the extreme north of the country near the North Korean border. The narrow gauge line was worked by C2 0-8-0 locomotives. In March, 2003 we were the last ever group to visit the line. It closed forever two weeks later when the ice melted on the river. The forest had been logged out. Participants had the choice to ride a charter double headed passenger train or lineside the working log trains. As a mileage collector it was a difficult choice but I went with the photography option. We were very fortunate. Most loaded inbound log trains were run at night. But there had been a derailment the previous day changed the schedule resulting in several loaded trains returning to Weihe in the morning. 

Date: 03/12/19 03:51
Re: China Steam 2
Author: andersonb109

This second group were all taken in 2014 on the JiTong Line at the so called "JingPing Pass." First: Two QJ's at Shangdian, the summit of the line. Second: The JingPing China Orient Express hotel train on one of the line's many viaducts at Erdi. Last: Double headed QJ's approaching the summit tunnel. 

Date: 03/12/19 09:41
Author: Bob3985

Great photos, thanks.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 03/12/19 16:15
Author: patd3985

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This second group were all taken in 2014 on the
> JiTong Line at the so called "JingPing Pass."
> First: Two QJ's at Shangdian, the summit of the
> line. Second: The JingPing China Orient Express
> hotel train on one of the line's many viaducts at
> Erdi. Last: Double headed QJ's approaching the
> summit tunnel

Was this a typo?..Wasn't  steam gone on Jing Ping by 2014? I thought it all ended in 2004.

Date: 03/20/19 05:22
Author: ns1000

My favorites are the last two!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds