Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Steam & Excursion > Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad - Winterail 2019 Show

Date: 03/21/19 14:18
Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad - Winterail 2019 Show
Author: DelMonteX

In case your interested, I've posted a slightly revised version of my Winterail 2019 show to Vimeo.   It's much to large of a video file and too long to post here, so you'll have to use this link:  https://vimeo.com/325531083

By all accounts it's been a very good year ( May 2018 to March 2019) for the OCSR, with at least 10 days of photo charters and the eventual debut of the wonderfully restored Skookum.  Everyone involved should be proud, thanked and appreciated.    Like all the preservation groups, these people need our support.  Photo Charters bring in much needed income, but like most locales, photo charters do not limit the "products" availability to only those who paid to participate.     Those that take photos and did not pay for the photo charter, might want to consider a donation to the sponsoring organization, especially if you share them or in someway "profit" from them. 

I know all the arguments.  It's a free country.... it's out in the open, they can't stop people from taking photos...  It's good advertising for them... etc., etc., etc.       Bottom line is, without donations and income from excursions and photo charters, that locomotive wouldn't be there for us to photograph.    So, if you can, help out a bit.  Hey, even if you weren't there, I'm sure they wouldn't mind even a modest donation. 

Here are the words from the OCSR director:

"... As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit heritage organization, OCSR survives in large part through the generosity of donors. Donations are tax deductible.

There are a couple of ways that you can make a supporting contribution. One way is by making a donation through this link via PayPal. Another is by purchasing a membership on our website. Lastly, you can make a donation by check or credit card. Checks can be mailed to the address in my signature line below. Credit card donations can be made by phone with our office staff by calling 503-842-7972.

Thanks again for your offer of support. Let me know if you have any questions

Best regards,

Bill Devlin
Interim Executive Director,
Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad
PO Box 669
Tillamook OR 97141"

I'm sorry but I didn't get the Paypal link, but I'm sure you can call for it, if you need it.   

Full disclosure for me.  1) I'm not part of the OCSR, not even a member (yet).
2) I was a full fare paying participant of the photo charters in May and October of 2018
3) I was not a fare paying participant of the Trains / Winterail photo charters.
4) I did show up one day and take some photos ( 2 of which I've posted on Trainorders, including this one of the Skookum at Smith Lakes)
5) I have made a somewhat more than modest donation (it's in the mail, really it is).

Hope this didn't come off preachy or anything negative.   Just trying to help the OCSR 

Steve Carter
Gig Harbor, WA
My Photography

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/19 22:42 by DelMonteX.

Date: 03/21/19 14:38
Re: Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad - Winterail 2019 Show
Author: LoggerHogger

Steve,

Thanks for posting this.  It was good to see you and I am glad you got some footage from the training weekend for your Winterail presentation.  Your video looks great.

Martin

Date: 03/22/19 06:58
Author: Keystone1

Fantastic shot!

Date: 03/23/19 05:23
Author: ns1000

NIICE..!!

Date: 03/23/19 17:22
Author: Sasquatch

Awesome video, Steve...well done!  Good to see you at Winterail and the OCSR too.  Thanks for sharing your work with us...breautiful photography of the excellent TRAINS/OCSR event in gorgeous weather!

-Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/19 17:24 by Sasquatch.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0597 seconds