Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Steam & Excursion > USA Steam 5

Date: 04/13/19 03:38
USA Steam 5
Author: andersonb109

Today's post stays close to home.....about two hours from my front door. I have been fortunate to participate in four photo charters at Owosso, MI using PM 1225, NKP 765 and on one occasion the two double-headed.  The first of these event was organized by Historic Preservation and run by John Craft in April of 2007. But as often is the case after there was another equally important event taking place on the exact same date. So what to do?  For the Saturday session, I was there for the sunrise shot seen in the first photo. But at about noon, drove two hours to Detroit for that afternoons Red Wings Playoff game. At that time the Wings were a powerhouse in the league. But sadly, although we won that day, we ended up losing the series and the stupidly named Mighty  Ducks of Anaheim went on to win the Stanley Cup for their first and only time. But all was not lost as the Wings would come back the next year to take back what was rightly theirs for the fourth time in 11 years. Following the loss, I drove the two hours back to Owosso and was ready for the Sunday morning session, and then back home that night. Many of the non-sports fan participants thought I was a bit off. But trains and hockey have often been combined, having seen NHL games in every current and defunct NHL arena, mostly getting there by train. I promise tomorrow's post will stay strictly on the rails.

Date: 04/13/19 03:39
Re: USA Steam 5
Author: andersonb109

One more. 

Date: 04/13/19 04:22
Author: Keystone1

That first shot is a masterpiece.

Date: 04/13/19 10:52
Author: refarkas

Beautiful images. Your last photo is timeless.
Bob

Date: 04/13/19 12:19
Author: TheNavigator

Really like #1!  Eye-catching lighting and a nice sense of movement.
GK

Date: 04/13/19 16:30
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for a really NICE series! #1 is a real blazer!

Larry

Date: 04/14/19 01:11
Author: PossumKing

Those first three shots...
Hat Trick!
(I can't be the only one to think of that) 😋
I like the 4th as well. Nice wheels.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/14/19 08:08
Author: bobdavis

Great series.  The vintage freight cars head out really make #2 take  you back to the 1950s.

Bob

Date: 04/14/19 15:04
Author: jimbertone

All are amazing!

Jim Bertone
Quincy, MA

Date: 04/15/19 05:21
Author: ns1000

NICE shots!!

Date: 04/16/19 11:58
Author: gregscholl

I replied to your more recent 1225 thread, because I had not seen this one until now.  Thats the trip I was on, so you were there as well.  I was the guy with the bad hip using my camp chair whenever possible!!!  I got a nice video with the rising sun, like your first one.
Your shots bring back memories.  
Greg

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.055 seconds