Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Steam & Excursion > USA Steam 6

Date: 04/14/19 03:34
USA Steam 6
Author: andersonb109

I've never been very good at night shots. I never even attempted them during film days. But when I switched to digital in 2007 I made a few attempts. After all, you can immediately see how you screwed up and are bound to come out with something acceptable. Here is Milwaukee Road 261 following the first of a two day Lerro Productions (was that Pete's first one?) in May of 2008. The location is Glencoe, MN. Parlor Observation "Cedar Rapids" is seen in the distance. I'm sure many others here will have  photos of this event including the posed actors in the Skytop Lounge.Please feel free to add them to this post.  We all owe much gratitude to Pete for providing us with so many wonderful photo opportunities in the States. While a few others also offer the occasional similar experience, Pete is the only one doing this sometimes thankless job on a relatively frequent basis. More from Pete's charters will be seen here in the coming days. 

Date: 04/14/19 03:40
Re: USA Steam 6
Author: cozephyr

Wonderful night image thanks to Pete Lerro and your digital camera.  Thanks for sharing this gem-!

1-Milwaukee Road 261 crossed the Mississippi River at Minneapolis, Minnesota, September 30, 2017.

2-Emily caught Milwaukee Road 261 at Winthrop, MN, along the TCWR Prairie Line 30 Sept 2017.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/19 03:47 by cozephyr.

Date: 04/14/19 04:24
Author: andersonb109

Another story from the Lerro charter.  Two of my friends from the U.K., David Rodgers and Warwick Falconer flew over from Heathrow for just the two days. We met at MSP. The 261 was due to begin it's position move about the same time as their BA flight landed. So David decided to "go find the train." Smoke was spotted a few minutes later while were were navigating rush hour Twin Cities traffic. We eventually caught up to the train and got some of the best shots of the trip with great late afternoon light. The next day it rained throughout the entire session. 

Date: 04/15/19 08:54
Author: Lerro984

Except for the weather on Saturday, we got some really great shots on the trip. To answer your question Bruce, the MILW 261 trip was just my fourth independently run photo charter. I have talked to Steve about possibly doing another charter. Maybe some day we can do it again.

Pete

Date: 04/15/19 09:21
Author: jbwest

Hopefully you can do it again Pete, that was a great outing.

JBWX

Date: 04/15/19 15:30
Author: nycman

Great photo, John!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1492 seconds